Real estate photography

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
I think I will use my 16-35 only as I find the distortion with the 14mm can be too much at times and would take extra time editing.

At times the distortion of a 14mm lens can add to a photo, but for what you want and need, I agree you should do better with your 16-35mm lens. Good call, Scott. :)

sonicbuffalo_RIP

The 14-24 has a reputation for a reason. Scott, take my word for it. You wouldn't be sorry you had it. I'd buy another if I was going FF in DSLR's again, but I'm not. The images it produced were brilliant.
wilmington car show.jpg

very minimum corrrection in LR.

Last edited:

Scott Murray

The 14-24 has a reputation for a reason. Scott, take my word for it. You wouldn't be sorry you had it. I'd buy another if I was going FF in DSLR's again, but I'm not. The images it produced were brilliant. View attachment 125579

very minimum corrrection in LR.
Yeah I am referring to my 14mm Rokinon I do not have the 14-24 yet and would not be able to get it by next week so this is why I say my 16-35 will have to do for now ;) unless I can get a correction profile for the Rokinon. I can still see some vertical lines out of whack in your pic too ;)

rocketman122

Best to shoot up to 24mm if you can. If u have no choice then u have no choice. No choice is when u cant get it in by going back and u have to go wider.

This is a lens id love to get if i were to do re shooting consistenly.
[FONT=.HelveticaNeueUI]http://www.rokinon.com/product.php?id=246

Cheap and more than sharp.

The 14-24 is a killer lens. But again for re, best as wide as 24mm
alway best to take a bit extra all around so u can pull the tips to straighten the edges straight with a little perspective control

Also do 2-3 ahots on the tripod with 1-2 stops bracketing and then do an hdr compile in ps. Watch the clouds though. Do it fast when youre ahooting so u dont have such
[/FONT]
A huge difference and ull get ghosting.

rocketman122

Waiting to hear more news on the Tamron 15-30 2.8 vc. I dont feel i could justify buying the 14-24. I hate wa lenses and the tamron ( by tamrons words) is suppssed to be on par or better but thats hearsey. ahould be exactly what i need though fot the price theyll tag it. Im guessing 1200 marbles. My tamron 17-35 2.8-4 is great but i want something a bit better

Scott Murray

Waiting to hear more news on the Tamron 15-30 2.8 vc. I dont feel i could justify buying the 14-24. I hate wa lenses and the tamron ( by tamrons words) is suppssed to be on par or better but thats hearsey. ahould be exactly what i need though fot the price theyll tag it. Im guessing 1200 marbles. My tamron 17-35 2.8-4 is great but i want something a bit better
Yeah I am weighing up the benefits of the 14-24 and who knows it may be in my bag soon.

aroy

[FONT=.HelveticaNeueUI]http://www.rokinon.com/product.php?id=246

Cheap and more than sharp.

[/FONT]

Most Architects use TS lense, as it is easy to correct for perspective distortion in camera. With a proper TS lense you rarely worry about distortion correction - it is corrected.

Otherwise if you use DXO software you can correct for most distortions. I believe that you can use a shot of a grid to correct complex geometric distortion.

sonicbuffalo_RIP

Yeah I am referring to my 14mm Rokinon I do not have the 14-24 yet and would not be able to get it by next week so this is why I say my 16-35 will have to do for now ;) unless I can get a correction profile for the Rokinon. I can still see some vertical lines out of whack in your pic too ;)

yeah! I forgot to tell you that the black band on that guys hat was crooked! :anonymous:

rocketman122

Most Architects use TS lense, as it is easy to correct for perspective distortion in camera. With a proper TS lense you rarely worry about distortion correction - it is corrected.

Otherwise if you use DXO software you can correct for most distortions. I believe that you can use a shot of a grid to correct complex geometric distortion.

well its the reason why I want that TS lens..I think youre preaching to the wrong person?

Ruidoso Bill

http://www.rokinon.com/product.php?id=246

I could never use a fixed lens for Real Estate photography, a 24 just isn't wide enough for many of the homes/rooms I need to shoot. I correct it in lightroom and have no problems, the client is more concerned with good lighting and nice rich color, I never use HDR for Real Estate, even a little looks fake.