Random shots with my D7k

Dooku77

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346448061.371949.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346448155.436447.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346448174.087208.jpg

Since I always have my camera nearby I figured I would post some of the random shots I snap throughout the day.

Last edited:

Dooku77

Thank you Marcel. That would be great if someone could do that for me. Do I just edit my posting and space them apart?

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
Thank you Marcel. That would be great if someone could do that for me. Do I just edit my posting and space them apart?

I'm pretty sure you could do it. Just go to edit and then "go advanced" then insert a return between them. Give it a try. and then save

Dooku77

Interesting... I am going to have to try out the new kit lens on some close up stuff...

I'm really pleased with this sigma. It gives me some great shots. All the focusing is internal so it doesn't even extend or rotate. I bet the kit lens would give you some great close up shots.

Dooku77

I've been looking at the Sigma 24-70/2.8 here lately...looks like it would be fantastic for what I do.

That's a great lens. I absolutely love Sigma products. They are built solid. I have the Sigma 50-200 but I haven't taken out shooting yet. For what random shots I took with it, they came out crisp.

Tami Jo

Okay this is one of my first test shots, going to take a few more and then dive in to reading the manual...So lost. Took these test shots on auto mode. Going to play with the menus and try the aperture priority mode. DSC_0018Max1A.jpgI hope this works correctly. I had to attempt to re size it to be able post it.

Dooku77

Okay this is one of my first test shots, going to take a few more and then dive in to reading the manual...So lost. Took these test shots on auto mode. Going to play with the menus and try the aperture priority mode. View attachment 15645I hope this works correctly. I had to attempt to re size it to be able post it.

Nice. I always shoot in aperture priority mode. Once you leave the Auto mode, that's where the real adventure begins.

Eye-level

Banned
Okay this is one of my first test shots, going to take a few more and then dive in to reading the manual...So lost. Took these test shots on auto mode. Going to play with the menus and try the aperture priority mode. View attachment 15645I hope this works correctly. I had to attempt to re size it to be able post it.

Good snap Tami. You picked an interesting subject perhaps inadvertently. Note the strong black and white of the dog...beautiful dog BTW...essentially what happened in this shot is that the "Auto" setting was fooled exposure wise. It metered for the strong blacks and consequently it picked a slower shutter speed. You are getting some slight burn out with the whites. This is why you need to learn to get away from complete auto. Tricky exposure situations arise all of the time. I bet if you check the histogram on that shot you will discover it is weighted towards the right.

Looks like your D7K is firing on all cylinders with regard to focusing.

Last edited:

Tami Jo

A few shots later this is taken in Aperture Priority Mode. DSC_0034WillowAP1.jpg I think this one turned out a bit better. This is my SC BC Willow.

Last edited:

Tami Jo

Good snap Tami. You picked an interesting subject perhaps inadvertently. Note the strong black and white of the dog...beautiful dog BTW...essentially what happened in this shot is that the "Auto" setting was fooled exposure wise. It metered for the strong blacks and consequently it picked a slower shutter speed. You are getting some slight burn out with the whites. This is why you need to learn to get away from complete auto. Tricky exposure situations arise all of the time. I bet if you check the histogram on that shot you will discover it is weighted towards the right.

Looks like your D7K is firing on all cylinders with regard to focusing.

It sure was Jeff! I didn't like what Auto Mode did. I have switched over to aperture priority until I get more of the controls down and am familiar with the menus etc...

Tami Jo

Nice. I always shoot in aperture priority mode. Once you leave the Auto mode, that's where the real adventure begins.

Yeah racked off a few test shots don't intend to stay there. I want it do what I want not what it wants lol. My D7k just arrived today so I have much to learn. The adventure has begun and I am going to enjoy it every step of the way.

Dooku77

Yeah racked off a few test shots don't intend to stay there. I want it do what I want not what it wants lol. My D7k just arrived today so I have much to learn. The adventure has begun and I am going to enjoy it every step of the way.

Booyah. Excellent. Welcome to the club. Doesn't that camera feel so natural in the hand? I love takin my camera out and shooting all day

Tami Jo

Booyah. Excellent. Welcome to the club. Doesn't that camera feel so natural in the hand? I love takin my camera out and shooting all day

It does, I've shot a few dozen pics so far. I am waiting for sunset now and will test it out further. There is much to be learned here for certain! But I do believe I am going to LOVE it.