Problem with my new D7100

Revet

So the books are wrapped up and the camera is not?? I've seen this scenario. You're as good as in. She wants you to have it, but she needs something in return. Card, flowers, dinner, jewelry, quality conversation, home project completed, etc. You just need to figure out what it is. She's as excited to give this gift as you are to get it. That's how the game goes around here anyway. Good luck.

Good idea but I can't afford another horse!!

Revet

I've read both of his books on the D7100. Great help in learning how to use the D7100. You'll get your money's worth from Busch.

Yes, I am very excited to dig into Busch's books. I looked through the preview in Barnes and Noble and they both look excellent. But what the heck is with a field guide that is over a hundred pages long!!!! I can see myself out in the field pulling that out trying to figure out what to do!! It would probably be raining to boot (at least the D7100 is more weather proof than the D3100!!)

Revet

I'm with @paul04. Your return window if this unit was defective will close before Christmas gets here, so at the very least you need to take it out for a QA check before warranty return is your only option.

And when she agrees with that, then you spring the early Christmas gift for her on her.

I am liking this approach!!! Paul04 and RocketCowboy got something here!!!

Revet

View attachment 124856A bow traced in diamonds totaling 1/20 carat in weight forms the pretty focal point of this necklace from the Little Princess collection by Alex Woo. Crafted of 14K white gold, the pendant sways from a 16-inch beaded chain that secures with a lobster clasp. Diamond Total Carat Weight may range from .04 - .06 carats.

Found on Jared "The Galleria of Diamonds" Cost= $958

That is right on the money cost wise!!! My wife hates diamonds (at least thats what I tell myself!!)

sonicbuffalo_RIP

Yes, I am very excited to dig into Busch's books. I looked through the preview in Barnes and Noble and they both look excellent. But what the heck is with a field guide that is over a hundred pages long!!!! I can see myself out in the field pulling that out trying to figure out what to do!! It would probably be raining to boot (at least the D7100 is more weather proof than the D3100!!)

The one thing you'll find consistent with Busch's books is that he likes to here himself talk. He's a bit winded, and throw in some overkill. The fied guide book fit nicely in my bag though so I took it with me. I gave it to weebee when he bought my camera.

Lakeside Annie

Having just received mine not even 30 minutes ago, you HAVE to at least unpackage the battery and charger and get that battery all charged up so you don't have to wait to play with the camera... ;)
{{says the gal who is waiting for her battery to charge for the first time...}}

I love my D7100. I leave it out on my desk most of the time just so I can play with it. 5 batteries so they are always charged and ready to go.

There, have I rubbed it in enough yet?

Grumpa

I'm reminded of the old Christmas camera commercials where the camera package was tagged with an OPEN ME FIRST tag. I'd try to talk her into letting you open at least one of the books early so you can read it and be ready to go as soon as you open it Christmas morning. Oh, and make sure she remembered to get a battery! (