Prime lens advantage over kit lens

Horoscope Fish

new to my D7000. Sounds like good advice, but I'm afraid of too much tweaking. Does anybody else pump up their settings like this?
I'm not sure I understand... What's the worst case scenario here in your mind?

It's not "pumping up" the settings, it's an increase in Sharpness from an abnormally low default and possibly a tiny tweak to the overall Saturation. If you don't like the results, you can go back into the menu and put the settings wherever you want them. If you need to, you can always do a two-button reset which brings all those settings back to the factory defaults.

J-see

Yeah, "tweaking" the settings in cam does no harm to the cam itself. It's not like overclocking your computer. At worst the images look crap, at best they look... err... best.

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
new to my D7000. Sounds like good advice, but I'm afraid of too much tweaking. Does anybody else pump up their settings like this?

I adjust the sharpness setting to either 6 or 7. The default sharpness in the bodies has a lot to be desired. If the sharpness level is raised too high, you may find the photos to be a little noisy.

Previously I used to move the saturation to 1, but it isn't flattering to facial tones. Now I prefer adjusting my colors in post.

gary135r

I was concerned through different tutorials and advise that if my D7000 is flawed in some way (focus issues etc.) I would be concerned that it’s my setting adjustment and not the cameras fault. Like I said, I’m new to the D7000 so I don’t want to tweak too much. I know I can go back to factory settings, but I have already adjusted some settings per online tutorials and books.