Post your Train shots!

Alan

Old Number 90 at the Strasburg Railroad.
DSCN1848b.jpgDSCN1847a.jpg

Sandpatch

Wow AxeMan, your photo edit is wonderful -- thanks! I use Corel Paint Shop Pro Photo 2, but struggle to use many of its functions. If I were to use "clone paint" with it on this photo, it'd look spotty and obviously reworked. Then again, maybe it's my ham-handed keyboarding technique. :topsy_turvy:

Say, can you repaint the CSX power in Seaboard? ;)

Sandpatch

Nice shots at Strasburg Alan. Lovely photos at a lovely place. In my book, Strasburg remains one of the very few authentic steam rides. No hokum or cowboy and indian attacks, but instead perfectly restored equipment running in beautiful country. The last time we visited we stayed in the nearby Caboose Motel and had a perfect weekend.

Alan

Thanks for the comments. This is a great place to go for a day. We were there in November to take our Grandson on a ride with Thomas. He loves trains and had a great time riding the rails.

Sandpatch

< Careful what you wish for.>

That is simply amazing and you turned my CSX CW44ACs into SBD B30-7s! Instant history.I wonder how much confusion fun shots like these will cause future generations? "Gee Dad, I never knew the Union Pacific operated under wire." :confused:

Last edited:

Sandpatch

AxeMan and Sambr, great shots both! Where did you find Car 3112?

The Canadian Rockies must provide endless opportunities for shots. I have a Pentrex VHS tape of the Royal Hudson on the British Columbia Rwy.; I think CN (as featured in your photo) has since purchased the BC Rail.. CN's system is huge.

Sandpatch

All decked out in Christmas finery on a beautiful day -- that's a nice photo and what a colossal locomotive. Northern Arizona is a lovely place and I think it's near impossible to take a bad railroad photo there or at the Grand Canyon.

thegaffney

Thanks! yeah they are a little late taking down the decorations though, I wanted to get one of the freight trains going through the canyons in town, but the lighting was pretty boring for taking brown desert shots, I could probably get a nice one around the end of the day, I have no idea how long Id have to wait until one came though.

Sandpatch

My wife and I followed the AT&SF main and Route 66 several times in the mid-90s and at that time, your line saw in excess of 100 trains per day. It was astounding. Growing weary of the constant parade of trains at Seligman, AZ she put away the video camera! Said her arm was getting tired. Sacrilege! I wish I had a 35mm slide scanner so that I could post some of my favorite shots.

With the recession underway, Kingman's train count is lessened, but I'll bet your rail traffic is still quite heavy.

Sandpatch

Went out again looking for trains this day. It was somewhat overcast, but I got this one. I like the compostion with the dispatcher's phone box and the relay bungalow with the location name upon it, but hate those phone wires. I changed my focus setting to spot, as I noticed that the camera would sometimes want to focus on the phone box. I shot it at f5, hoping to slightly blur the phone box lettering and it worked okay.

2013-01-12 Lugoff SC - for upload.jpg

Last edited: