Post your Portrait shots!

wud

Portaits of a confirmand (is that the right word? Very, very pretty girl.

linda-8345_web.jpg

linda-8409_web.jpg

linda-8393_web.jpg

LouCioccio

You would just need crop down from the top of the head, just a tad tighter. Although I did not crop I did adjust the levels. See the screen shot. I just had to move the slider over to brighten his face. Not sure if you use Elements or full version photoshop.
Lou Cioccio
Screen Shot 2015-06-02 at 9.02.31 AM.jpg

jherring002

You would just need crop down from the top of the head, just a tad tighter. Although I did not crop I did adjust the levels. See the screen shot. I just had to move the slider over to brighten his face. Not sure if you use Elements or full version photoshop.
Lou Cioccio
View attachment 160909
I didn't crop at all. I try not to crop using software. I try to crop in camera.

Will look at brightening him up a bit. Thank you for the feedback.

wud

I didn't crop at all. I try not to crop using software. I try to crop in camera.

Will look at brightening him up a bit. Thank you for the feedback.

Don't :) I had serious problems a few times I needed print of an image, as the print size doesn't always match the camera file size. Specially a canvas print, where I needed the image to wrap around. Now I always try to give just a tad more space when shooting and crop a bit in pp, if needed.

LouCioccio

The first camera's I owned were two "odd ball's" a 35 mm Topcon Uni and a Yashica 635 (that could use 35mm or 120 film). The 120 size was my favorite even though its square I could crop horizontal or vertical. Like WUD mentioned it actually may be better to crop later because of "this or that".
Here is a link to read on a famous image and how the crop was finally made.

Page not found | viz.

Yes there will always be arguments (aka discussions pro and con) it really depends on what you are doing or the moment you can take the image. Just like my earlier post of an image of my granddaughter was a spur of the moment while she was playing. No time for modifiers, extra lighting, it was shoot and crop later when viewing the image on the computer.
Lou Cioccio

evisphoto

Crystal T. Shot with a D7000, 50 1.4G lens. Lighting was one Alien Bee B800 high and slightly to camera left, with a Paul Buff HOBD White Beauty Dish, and a reflector from underneath.

C_Trudell3-8-2015sm-011.jpg

Pretzel

Crystal T. Shot with a D7000, 50 1.4G lens. Lighting was one Alien Bee B800 high and slightly to camera left, with a Paul Buff HOBD White Beauty Dish, and a reflector from underneath.

View attachment 162062

I dig the light set-up, but the gray shoulder is makin' me think "Walking Dead"... Was that something that came post, or just how the forums converted the pic?

LOVE the clarity of the eyes!