Post your highways and byways.

Danno

This is an old back road that runs along the edge of a hollow headed to he Kentucky River. Goes from lane and a half blacktop to gravel to blacktop on the oher side. It is just cut into the hill side. Looking forward to some trees blooming. the sky almost disappears than.

Attachments

• DSC_8731 (1000x665).jpg
    DSC_8731 (1000x665).jpg
    634.7 KB · Views: 151

Marilynne

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
This is an old back road that runs along the edge of a hollow headed to he Kentucky River. Goes from lane and a half blacktop to gravel to blacktop on the oher side. It is just cut into the hill side. Looking forward to some trees blooming. the sky almost disappears than.

The right side looks like a house of some sort, with two faces in the "windows".

Danno

We have been having a little rain in Kentucky. This is Dry Dock Road in Anderson County. Not really living up to its name.

_DSC9657.jpg

Blacktop

Shot from an onramp sitting in traffic trying to get on this highway. Interstate 75 Northbound, about 15 miles north of Atlanta.

_DSC4679-Edit-2.jpg

Danno

Rainy day to day in Kentucy. I was cleaning up my LR Catalog and found these two back road shots I wanted to post. First one is below my driveway. The other out a bit in the county.

Sunrise-0363.jpg

backroads-0575.jpg

Danno

I am curious; could you tell me were that road is and its number. I road my scoot all over Ky, Tenn, WV, VA and NC before I had to give it up and it looks familiar. Also... I have been trying to figure out what make that guitar is and I just cannot do it... and it is just poking at my curiosity button... Great shot by the way... Used to love those sweepers.

Blacktop

I am curious; could you tell me were that road is and its number. I road my scoot all over Ky, Tenn, WV, VA and NC before I had to give it up and it looks familiar. Also... I have been trying to figure out what make that guitar is and I just cannot do it... and it is just poking at my curiosity button... Great shot by the way... Used to love those sweepers.
Hello @Danno.
It is Highway 30 between Athens and Decatur TN

Hwy30--4.jpg

As for the guitar, it is a Washburn. Low end guitar but sounds and plays nice.

Danno

Hello @Danno.
It is Highway 30 between Athens and Decatur TN

View attachment 192900

As for the guitar, it is a Washburn. Low end guitar but sounds and plays nice.

I have ridden all around that area... It sure looks familiar. As for the guitar... It reminded me of a Jackson I had. Gave all my electric stuff to my son. He makes better use of it than I did... Taught all I knew... but he surpassed me long ago. I like Washburn... it is a good guitar. Thanks... the curiosity was working on me.