Post your flower pics

Marilynne

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
Thats as many bubbles as I could muster. Its actually insect spawn :rugby:

Do you know what kind of plant it is? I tried looking up bubble flowers and flowers with bubbles. I found out in the Philippines kids grind up hibiscus flowers, add water, then use the mixture to blow bubbles.

Pierro

Marilynne, no I dont know the name of the plant itself, but if there's such a thing as a bubble flower, I'd be blown away. :D

The bubbles are formed by an insect called a Froghopper, and its Froghopper spawn

Pierro

Another one I dont know the name of and this beast is growing in my apartment. I really do need some flower training :shame:

dont know.jpg

Pierro

Ah ! Brilliant, thanks snap. Yes it must be hardy if I've got one and its still alive. Have you seen the dust on mine ? ;)

snaphappy

Throw it in the shower Not kidding ;) Hubby loves opening fireplace door to stare at his fire and the dust/ash in the house over the very looong winter is ridiculous. Just a light drizzle to clean it off then leave it in tub until it dries a bit

snaphappy

Our ground is covered in about 2.5ft of snow and only the hardiest of plants survive our black thumbs inside but found these flowers coming out of plants I've had 8yrs or so and never seen a flower before
Taken with my 70-300mm
NIK_7179.jpg