Post your flag shots

Andy W

A81_1765.jpg

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
Seeing this today bothered me so much that I turned my car around and went back. After asking the person if it could please be taken down, he/she immediately removed it. I also gave the location of the only flag collection box that I knew of. The person nodded in agreement. No attitude. No hostility. Polite and humble was how the person responded.

_DSC1436 low res.jpg

Marilynne

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
Seeing this today bothered me so much that I turned my car around and went back. After asking the person if it could please be taken down, he/she immediately removed it. I also gave the location of the only flag collection box that I knew of. The person nodded in agreement. No attitude. No hostility. Polite and humble was how the person responded.

View attachment 303738

I think the fire department will take them also.

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
I think the fire department will take them also.

I've never heard about that around here. Some of the veterans organizations used to collect flags on Flag Day. Now they have former mailboxes converted to flag drop-off boxes so flags can be put there 24 hours a day. That's interesting to hear some fire departments will take them! Our fire departments are all volunteers--they don't get paid.

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
In remembrance of those who gave it all, teaching The Child the importance of Memorial Day in the USA. It is the way. Thank you to all who serve! (For the record, took my own flag with me because I wasn't going to touch one on display!)

_DSC0343 low res.jpg

_DSC0349 low res.jpg