Post Your D500 Shots

Roy1961

Contributor
_ROY7767_00001.jpg

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
It's a Lynx, we rarely get Bobcats this far North unfortunatly.

Between the various wild cats, I like the looks of the lynx the best. The little tufts of hair growing at the tips of the ears is so unique. You really did a great job. Do you see them often? Supposedly we have coyotes around here (as well as foxes) but no types of wild cats.

canuck257

Between the various wild cats, I like the looks of the lynx the best. The little tufts of hair growing at the tips of the ears is so unique. You really did a great job. Do you see them often? Supposedly we have coyotes around here (as well as foxes) but no types of wild cats.

I guess you could say we are very lucky as we have frequent sightings of Coyote, Wolf, Fox, Lynx, Cougar, Black Bear and Grizzly Bear not to mention Moose, Elk, Mule Deer, Whitetailed Deer most of whom frequent my property.

Dawg Pics

It is possble that you may be correct. I just read this report that highlights some confusion on identifying one from the other
> https://news.ok.ubc.ca/2019/01/23/c...OgLEJMtnd_wPz2jssLknhpBumESTQsgcvKFkuYizBu7So
I know nothing about either, so I started reading some articles. I don't know how they tell the difference. Doesn't help that there are some instances of hybrids. I am guessing behavior gives a clue if you can observe it long enough.
Beautiful image whatever it is.