Post Your Black and Whites Photos!!

Alan

Old barn foundation

DSCN7102001.jpg

STM

Not exactly sure when I took this but it was at least 10 or 15 years ago. I am pretty sure I used an F2 and the lens looks like my 24mm AIS and the film PX @ ASA 64. Now that the scanner is back up and running, it is getting a real workout!

winter_trees.jpg

Sandpatch

Shot in 1976 in Hopewell, NJ on Plus X film, Nikkormat FTn, 50mm Lens. I shot everything in black and white back then, as color was beyond my budget!
1976 Hopewell NJ.jpg

Last edited:

Brusader

here is one i took yesterday of my girlfriend. i wasnt really shooting BW so i didnt really set my camera appropriately.

View attachment 32541

Great shot. The lighting is good and her pose if excellent. :)

I'd crop out the edge of the window on the right as it's a little distracting.

EDIT: Get in close and remove the shapes in the background. I'd be aiming for something like this:
BW_Portrait_Cropped.jpg

Last edited:

crycocyon

I'd get rid of the edge of the window but leave the rest. It gives her location more of a sense of place, sitting in a room. Cropped too tightly on the top and it is almost like the world is caving in on her head, hehe. There's more drama trying to figure out what she's doing there. Is it her house? Just visiting? Old? New?

Brusader

I'd get rid of the edge of the window but leave the rest. It gives her location more of a sense of place, sitting in a room. Cropped too tightly on the top and it is almost like the world is caving in on her head, hehe. There's more drama trying to figure out what she's doing there. Is it her house? Just visiting? Old? New?

Haha, you're right, it does look like she's being crammed into the photo...

Just crop the right edge. :)

ebi381

thanks guys :encouragement: i appreciate the comments.
i myself agree with crycocyon. the shot would lose baring if it got cropped too much. im going to crop out the window and update my gallery pic.