Post Your Black and Whites Photos!!

vindex1963

8152508059_50d51ea3b3_b.jpg

RockyNH_RIP

It's a Aprilia with a 250cc Piaggio engine. 22HP. I've done faster than 75 on it (just to keep up with traffic) and it gets over 75MPG. At 365 pounds, it handles much different than my 700 pound Heritage. The Heritage was stolen last May. I had it for 16 years.

As a matter of fact, I'm going on a scooter run on Sunday. Wild dudes. We're banned in several cities. Wild Scooter Dudes. Yep, dats us.

Sorry to hear about the Heritage... I have a GoldWing and a Ural with a sidecar. The wife has a Spyder and I just recently sold a Suzuki DR650 Dualsport.

Pat in NH

RockyNH_RIP

I like these two a lot. Interesting clouds always work well in B&W landscape photos and those clouds add a lot to your photos. Do you have LR? If so, you should try using the red filter on these, if you haven't already. The red filter can tease out lots of definition in cloudscapes

Morning Dave.. Struggleing a bit with the Filter in LR... I searched and found no presets for that.. searched help and google without much luck... All I have found so far is convert, go to sliders in HSL/COLOR/B&W section & under B&W set color sliders.. Red slider had no effect on the sky so I know I did something wrong.. Tried all I could so am back here to ask for some help to get me started???

Thanks,

Pat in NH

Carroll

My wife Katie and Barry Milton
#25 above...

This is *exactly* the look I get from my wife (and dog!) when she has the little guy in her lap, and I tell her I need to try out a new setting/lens/angle with a few shots of her! Good one!

Last edited:

Dave_W

The Dude
Morning Dave.. Struggleing a bit with the Filter in LR... I searched and found no presets for that.. searched help and google without much luck... All I have found so far is convert, go to sliders in HSL/COLOR/B&W section & under B&W set color sliders.. Red slider had no effect on the sky so I know I did something wrong.. Tried all I could so am back here to ask for some help to get me started???

Thanks,

Pat in NH

Oh crud, you're right, there's no red filter in LR, sorry about that. I was thinking it was in LR but the filters I was thinking of is in SilverEfex. If you've never tried SilverEfex you can download a copy and do a free 15 day trial. If you like B&W's then you'll love SilverEfex.

RockyNH_RIP

Oh crud, you're right, there's no red filter in LR, sorry about that. I was thinking it was in LR but the filters I was thinking of is in SilverEfex. If you've never tried SilverEfex you can download a copy and do a free 15 day trial. If you like B&W's then you'll love SilverEfex.

Hi Dave, Thanks!
I feel better now... I thought I was going crazy (already am I am told) or just plain "dense"
(I am but not that bad). I looked and searched and tried... Good thing is, I learned some more of the LR features!! :)

Pat in NH

Carroll

Back in the day, when carriages similar to this (horse drawn), if you told anyone one would be communicating with others with a little piece of something, you would have been locked up! LOL

Nice looking.....carriage, BTW. :cool:

Carroll

Old photo 1971-72 a friend took for me back in the day when I had hair. Apologies for image quality...

1971 Yamaha XS-1, beautiful gold metallic with white trim stripes. Wished I would have kept it! (Would outrun stock corvette up to about 70 mph.)

My scanner is old, too. Had to buy "Vuescan software" to get it working. Didn't help the hair situation, oh, well! LOL

View attachment 187210

Last edited:

TedG954

Old photo 1971-72 a friend took for me back in the day when I had hair. Apologies for image quality...

1971 Yamaha XS-1, beautiful gold metallic with white trim stripes. Wished I would have kept it! (Would outrun stock corvette up to about 70 mph.)

My scanner is old, too. Had to buy "Vuescan software" to get it working. Didn't help the hair situation, oh, well! LOL

In 1975, I rode a red and white one from Cleveland to Fort Lauderdale. With a backpack, tent, and sleeping bag, it was the best ride of my life. No timetable, no itinerary, and no problems. It's all history now.

Carroll

In 1975, I rode a red and white one from Cleveland to Fort Lauderdale. With a backpack, tent, and sleeping bag, it was the best ride of my life. No timetable, no itinerary, and no problems. It's all history now.

I understand. Even though it is history, I can remember it very well. Nothing else like riding back in the day....

Photography comes close. But no cigar. :sentimental: