Post Your Automotive Shots!

98kellrs

Nice Photo, but the lighting on the car seems a bit....off. The car kind of looks like it's floating and looks a bit photoshoped. Either the car needs to be toned down a bit or you need to pull a bit more detail from the asphalt. Looks good otherwise.

Thanks Mike, I completely forgot to flash the ground when I painted the car but have a lighter ground from the background exposure that I'll try and blend. You're right it does look a bit stuck on! :eek:

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Sandpatch

These aren't classic photos, but they are automobile related. A few years ago some friends and I were looking at cars in a wrecking yard in hope of scrounging up some parts. I have a soft spot for Mitsubishis, so opened the hood on one and was looking very closely at the six-cylinder engine when I glanced over and saw a toothy possum a few feet from my face! I jumped back and we all collapsed laughing. I hadn't seen the possum and he scared the daylights out of me! After the laughter died down, I carefully closed the hood so our friend's home was again made secure.

Possum In Mitsubishi 2 - for upload.jpgPossum In Mitsubishi 1 - for upload.jpg

Mercury had a Cougar under the hood. Mitsubishi has a Possum.

Last edited:

Marilynne

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
Contributor
We had a possum in a coiled up hose under the car port one time. Drove our puppy crazy. Animal control told us just to pick it up by the tail and if you do get bit, they don't carry rabies.

Sandpatch

After I caught my breath after laughing so hard, we watched the possum and it remained absolutely still baring its teeth the entire time. That's why I never saw it. Interesting tip on how to carry one and good to know that they can't be rabid.

TedG954

Nice shots Ted, that black finish really shines in the photo! What year is it???

Pat in NH

Thanks. It's early 50's, but I'm not sure exactly. I used the Tokina for all of today's shots. At first, I thought there was a lot of noise in the Packard photos, but then realized it's just dust on the black finish.

RockyNH_RIP

Thanks. It's early 50's, but I'm not sure exactly. I used the Tokina for all of today's shots. At first, I thought there was a lot of noise in the Packard photos, but then realized it's just dust on the black finish.

Ok on the 50's... WOW, those are really bright for indoors with an f4 lenses... (even with Windows...) Impressive.. (Mine shipped tonight which really will be tomorrow...)

Ihave had that "dust thing" happen to me before!! Your friend has a nice car.. I should try and get a shot of my bosses GTO and street Rod

Pat in NH