Please be aware of thieves

Eddie

When going to Saint Petersburg or maybe any where else in the world please be aware of thieves.
It can happened to anyone ... please click here

Horoscope Fish

I had to watch that video a few times to pin down the whole "transaction"... There's the grab, the walkaway and a final hand-off to the bag-man. Very smoothly done and that big lens made it just that much easier for them I imagine. That would suck so freakin' hard.

Englischdude

wow, i had to watch that a few times too! well organised bunch. i have been to SPB so many times though and have never felt threatened but ok, ive never walked up and down the Nevsky Prospekt with a 2000 euro lens on my camera.

Nero

Makes me thankful that I'll probably never buy a lens worth nearly that much. Still, I might invest in something anti-theft for my camera bag.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 4

chris5050

The problem is, like it says in the write up, you do not know if they are carrying knives.
What would you do in this situation.
You are in a place that you visiting, someone comes up to you with a knife and threatens you.
Do you hand over your Camera or Lens or fight them off?

sonicbuffalo_RIP

Be careful not to take detours off the beaten path. We were in Nassau, Bahamas on a cruise, and I had my camera and this dude walked up to me and uttered some profanities, and we kept seeing him watching what direction we were going, and he had a woman who also was following us, who kept calling someone while watching us. They both gave me the creeps, and there was and probably still is a travel advisory for the Bahamas concerning violent crimes occurring there. Needless to say, we walked directly back to the ship and boarded again. Next time in the Bahamas, (we don't really like it there anyway), we'll just stay on the ship.

Nero

I was on a cruise through the Bahamas and I had my Nikon with me during all the stops and had nothing like that happen to me. Strange.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 4