Pets/"Petography" Thread!

Jonathan

Thistle getting feisty this morning.

DSC_1208.jpg

Last edited:

dramtastic

I got the feeling that the owner was getting more out of it that the dog who, after 2 waves, jumped of the front of the boogie board and high tailed it back to shore.
d7k_3478.jpg

Deezey

Brutus settling in for a nap.
Taken with the D90+50 1.8D
ISO 800

On a side note. I downloaded Firefox and while the uploader looks odd...it does work like it used to.
Brutus_.jpg

Mike D90

Not my best attempt. This was just a quick one handed shot of my little baby. Her name is Chitlin' and she is not quite a year old now. She was a kitten of a litter of five. She came up missing one day and three days later I heard her loudly meowing (almost yelling) from under my house.

She had gotten her rear left leg wrapped into some kind of thermostat wire, or something similar, and it unfortunately had already started to decay and it was broken below the middle joint..

I was just sick to my heart and got her free swiftly. It was a weekend so I had to wrap her leg best I could. I was prepared to take her out and put her down but I just could not do it. I got her to the vet on Monday. I had to let them amputate the leg or I guess she would have died.

She is now the best and most intelligent cat I have ever had, and I love her dearly, even though she gets in my view a lot of times while I am trying to read Nikonites. Strangely, I used to hate cats until I was married and my then, now ex, wife had a several cats.

Chitlin_at_computer.jpg

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
Not my best attempt. This was just a quick one handed shot of my little baby. Her name is Chitlin' and she is not quite a year old now. She was a kitten of a litter of five. She came up missing one day and three days later I heard her loudly meowing (almost yelling) from under my house.

She had gotten her rear left leg wrapped into some kind of thermostat wire, or something similar, and it unfortunately had already started to decay and it was broken below the middle joint..

I was just sick to my heart and got her free swiftly. It was a weekend so I had to wrap her leg best I could. I was prepared to take her out and put her down but I just could not do it. I got her to the vet on Monday. I had to let them amputate the leg or I guess she would have died.

She is now the best and most intelligent cat I have ever had, and I love her dearly, even though she gets in my view a lot of times while I am trying to read Nikonites. Strangely, I used to hate cats until I was married and my then, now ex, wife had a several cats.

View attachment 62099

She is a beauty, and I'll bet you never regret sparing her life! I am partial to Torti's, but it is with great sadness that I share photos of my beloved Blackie who suddenly became ill and died in November. Here she is from earlier this year:

Blackie resize.jpg

Blackie 2 resize.jpg

Mike D90

She is a beauty, and I'll bet you never regret sparing her life! I am partial to Torti's, but it is with great sadness that I share photos of my beloved Blackie who suddenly became ill and died in November. Here she is from earlier this year:

I don't regret at all saving her life. Would have paid many times that amount if it took it.

I too feel your pain on the loss of a beloved pet. I had to put down my BeBe three years ago on January 29th. She was only 9 years old.

As to torti's, what is that? I have only seen one cat marked up like ours before. Whats the full name of these color cats?

EDIT: I googled tortie. They are Tortoiseshell Cats. Never heard that before! They are supposed to be crazy. One of mine is pretty batty. Chitlin isn't.

Last edited: