Particular camera strap?

10 Gauge

I know a lot of people that use and love the BlackRapid RS-7. I've contemplated getting one myself, the only thing that scares me is forgetting to check and continually check the tightness of the tripod stud. So many horror stories of camera setups falling to the concrete because the stud backed out. I wonder if attaching a small nylon leader from one of the cameras built in strap hooks back to the strap itself would make for good insurance in case the stud were to come out, the camera would be caught by the nylon leader.

10 Gauge

I have been using FastFire shoulder strap for about 2 weeks. Gave it a real test this past week. Like it a lot. So much more comfortable than strap around my neck. I like the connection to the camera. Very secure! Frees up the tripod mount for the tripod. Although, it takes a little getting use to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glad I looked back in this thread! I just looked at this strap and I like the looks of it a lot, I think I am going to give one a shot. I love that it uses the cameras built in strap hook and that the strap uses all metal attachment hardware (the thing I didn't like about the Optech sling, no way I would trust $3000+ worth of camera gear dangling off of a cheap Chinese plastic quick buckle!).

Thank you for your input!

johnj167

You can purchasr a tether kit with the Black Rapid strap. I use it and it doesn't get in the way of camea use. Cheap pease of mind.