OSX El Capitan

wornish

Had it for 1 day now, upgrade went without hitch. It feels a little more responsive and everything still works OK.
Just does what it says on the tin.

Eduard

Super Mod
Staff member
Super Mod
I updated to El Capitan and Office 2016 at the same time - feels like a new computer. Very pleased.

coolbus18

2nd day with El Capitan(mini-mac)--First Icloud wouldn't let me sign in, then I couldn't e-mail or share photos. Fixed it. Faster than Yosemite. Took about an hour and a half for download -install.So far so good. Cannon? What's a cannon?

Whiskeyman

Then you can install "19 critical updates" every other day instead... (NO, I have a MAC, but I hear my wife complain every time she tries to shut down her laptop, LOL)

I recently turned our windows PC off and it shut down for three days performing the 76 critical system updates it needed. What a croc of garbage!!

I'm letting my son upgrade the pc for the learning experience, but the next time I buy another computer, I'm buying another iMac. This time I'm going with the 27" with added RAM. Anyway, after reading this thread, I'm going to download OS El Cap onto the iMac tonight and see what it does for me.

WM

Last edited:

Blacktop

I recently turned our windows PC off and it shut down for three days performing the 76 critical system updates it needed. What a croc of garbage!!

I'm letting my son upgrade the pc for the learning experience, but the next time I buy another computer, I'm buying another iMac. This time I'm going with the 27" with added RAM. Anyway, after reading this thread, I'm going to download OS El Cap onto the iMac tonight and see what it does for me.

WM

LOL, you might want to upgrade that Win 3.1 with the 128K of RAM you're using.:encouragement:

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
I did install it on my MacBook Air last night and it went without a glitch.

One warning for others that might have been using Aperture is that it won't work anymore. So make sure to export your Aperture pictures to LightRoom BEFORE installing ElCapitan.

wornish

One warning for others that might have been using Aperture is that it won't work anymore. So make sure to export your Aperture pictures to LightRoom BEFORE installing ElCapitan.

Hmmm, as I said in another post their are issues with Lightroom on El Capitan, so you could be hit twice.

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
Hmmm, as I said in another post their are issues with Lightroom on El Capitan, so you could be hit twice.
I know. This is why I haven't upgraded my iMac yet. The MacBook Air I use mostly with photoshop and not so much with lightroom. All my original files are on a external drive anyway.

Ironwood

Thanks for the warning Marcel.
I am glad I didn't rush in, looks like I will have to get some new PP software sooner rather than later.

RocketCowboy

Just what I needed to know! Saved me that heart ache.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Fred Kingston_RIP

I've been running El Capitan since it was released, and LR (I turned off the screen thing) and haven't had any problems with either... It must be the clean living.. It all just works...:p