Nikon Image Space has gone live (but still in Japanese)

Dave_W

The Dude
Nikon Image Space is currently up and running but not yet in English. I'm thinking it's Jan 29th in Japan and will be in English in another 13 hrs PDT. But you can still sign up and upload photos. The nice thing about using Chrome is that you can automatically translate the pages into English (not sure if IE or FireFox offers the same option but they might)

NIKON IMAGE SPACE

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
Nikon Image Space is currently up and running but not yet in English. I'm thinking it's Jan 29th in Japan and will be in English in another 13 hrs PDT. But you can still sign up and upload photos. The nice thing about using Chrome is that you can automatically translate the pages into English (not sure if IE or FireFox offers the same option but they might)

NIKON IMAGE SPACE

I just logged in and it's in plain english for me here.

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
Same here. I can't find where I go to register that I have a Nikon to get bumped up to 20gb.

You have to click in the bottom where it says upgrade. This will take you to download a program, install it, plug in your camera, turn the camera on and the upgrade will do itself.

What I can't find is how to block my photos from being downloaded by other users. There is just no button for this.

Patrick M

It's been around for quite a while. I have photos there from 2005. There used to be a "professional" Nikon site...this looks like an updated version. Interesting.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Dave_W

The Dude
It's been around for quite a while. I have photos there from 2005. There used to be a "professional" Nikon site...this looks like an updated version. Interesting.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

It used to be "PictureTown" and no one was using it so they've come out with this new version that offers more storage space and changed the name in an effort to bring photographers to the site and compete with sites like Tumblr and Flicker. I'm thinking they're a little late to the party but that remains to be seen, I suppose.

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
got an error "failed to retrieve image" and one image was just half a photo. Otherwise slide show was good, girls young and pretty the island old and worn. :)

I find it very slow. You get an image that is all blurred and then wait, wait, wait and wait until it pops into focus. Looks like we get the thumbs enlarged until the real thing gets opened.

Nikonites is much faster! :)

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
Can not find out how to prevent downloads. Anyone found that yet?

You get that option once you want to share/get a link to your album. It's a little menu that opens up when you click on the album you want to share. It took me a while to find it and I did by accident when I tried to get the link to post here.