Nikon d-300 focus

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
Fotojack, Thank You for the download link. I believe that is a windows application and I have a mac.

Then just use the mac viewer that opens jpegs automatically. Once the picture is open, go to the menu bar under tools and you can resize the picture. Just make sure you save it under a different name otherwise you'd loose the original resolution pic. Hope this helps.

Bukitimah

May I hijack for a question? I have problem with auto focus in low light when my f stop of my lens is already the lowest.

I am not confident with manual focus. I notice when I set my camera to dynamic focusing, and shutter to continuous, the focus boxes did not appear on my view finder. If I switch to single shutter, it appears. Is there something I did wrongly? Cannot remember I am able to see those red indicating boxes previously but I can shoot

BooBoos

Here is a quick update for anyone following my focusing issues.The other morning I turned on my D-300 with the nikon 80-499 lens attached. My battery meter said low battery. I know camera and pack are full. I turned the camera off and on again and te issue cleared. But shortly returned.I replaced the 80-400 with my 50mm and took some photos all goood so far. I then removed the 50 and put on a 300mm with 1.4 tc and took some photos. Bttery meter working correctly. I contacted nikon and sent the lens to them for repair.I believe at this point the focusing is off with the lens and there is a problem with the electronics.I will post some more information when I get the lens from nikon.

BooBoos

When I used the 300mm with 1.4 TC all worked fine. I do not think you can add a TC to the 80-400.It is definitly the lens. I isolated the camera and pack so it is definitly the the lens. Thanks for the help
I will post as soon as I here from nikon

BooBoos

I sent the lens to nikon 3 times and after the third time nikon said there was nothing wrong with the lens. I myself am convinced that where the lens attaches to the body there is something wrong.I had some friends try my lens on there cameras and it worked perfectly.Since a faulty lens will not do me any good I sold the lens and purchased the nikon 24-70mm 2.8.Wow, what a lens.I have heard the 80-400 is a fantastic lens.I personally dont think it is so great. Soft focus at 400mm.If you buy a lens like that it is for the reach.If its soft at 400mm what good is it.I know many love this lens but I am not one.

jonshannon

as joe said your problem is likely shutter speed--if you find that raising the shutter does not help and you think you are holding the camera steady enough then your problem could be your AF fine tuning option in your menu--sometimes your focusing of lens and camera body are not correct from the factory---go online to LensAlign - WhiBal and read about his product---also google " lens align tutorials " for more info-- found that quite alot of my lens are not calibrated properly from the factory to match my d 300s camera sensor and the lens align product helped--it may sound like alot to go through but it has helped me --maybe someone else has an opinion about this--