New With D3200

thomas711

I just had the same issue, but it wasn't overheating. Mine came on when I had the Nikon WU-1a wireless adapter attached. When I took it out, Live came on perfectly.

Danno

I just had the same issue, but it wasn't overheating. Mine came on when I had the Nikon WU-1a wireless adapter attached. When I took it out, Live came on perfectly.

When you have this device plugged into your camera the camera assumes that you are connected to an external device like a phone or tablet and using that for live view. It overrides live view on the back of the camera. To connect to your phone or tablet you need the Nikon app associated with it. It is Nikon wmu for droid devices. I do not know anything about apples, but I would guess it is similar.

I used to keep mine in my bag unless I wanted to do a quick upload to FB. Some people use it more extensively.

Bikerbrent

Welcome aboard, enjoy the ride. We look forward to seeing more posts and samples of your work.

You might also want to consider introducing yourself on New Member Introductions.

Someone will be along shortly to help you out.