New to Nikon

RON_RIP

I'm new here! I own a D50 (don't laugh) and have a small issue I'd like some help with!
Welcome, my first digital was a D50 and if anyone had made fun of it I would have slapped them silly. So why not tell us your problem, their are all sorts of folks on this forum who will be happy to help you.

hans.storrie.7

Hi Ron, it's something simple really... Got my D50 back from a Nikon service( hot pixel issue) and my images in the preview pane are small, thumbnail type, not the full display. Tried going through the menu but can't seem to find the preview options! Am I overlooking something?

RON_RIP

Been so long since I had one I cannot remember but if it is like all the other Nikons, the selection wheel on the back should control the preview pane. By migrating up or down, or side to side , different displays options should appear. If you click on our forum, go down to dslrs out of production and click on D50 you will find numerous threads about your camera or hopefully some one who is still using aD50 will come to your rescue.

Last edited:

hans.storrie.7

Yeah I done that Ron and the only 2 options were 'Preview On' or 'Preview Off' but after taking a few different shots in different settings, the preview image is now full size. Hate it when I don't know what I did to make that happen but I've fixed the problem! Thanks so much for your assistance and I do really love my D50... It still produces some outstanding images. Glad I got my hot pixel issue done by Nikon as I'm off to the Dominican a week today. Looking forward to shooting some great pics and having a ball at the same time. Thanks again Ron, appreciated!

RON_RIP

I agree with you there. there is nothing more aggravating than fixing something and not knowing why it is fixed. Have a good trip and post lots of photos.

hans.storrie.7

Thanks bigj121 and again Ron. Didn't know I could post pics on here too! Will need to post some Dominican ones when. I get back. One question for you 2 guys. I recently bought a Lumix TZ40 which ain't really that bad, but because I've had my Nikon for 10+ years or so, and the rest probably! which one do I take with me on holiday. Just your own thoughts that all. Thank again to the both of you!