New Notification Emails

nickt

@Jdeg "Are you able to read html email?"

Yes, but even if I couldn't, shouldn't there be a subject listed in the email anyway?

Yesterday it happened about 3 times. One time about 3 pm and two more times at about 7 pm my time. I am attaching a screen shot of one.

View attachment 178709

Thats odd. I get a subject line and all the content and links. I don't like it because I'm stuck in my ways, lol, but it works fine. My android phone does this sometimes. Not with Nikonites so far, but sometimes with big company junk mail from Home Depot and others. Completely blank emails and then I try a few times and it sometimes eventually loads the content. Sometimes not though.

cwgrizz

Challenge Team
Thats odd. I get a subject line and all the content and links. I don't like it because I'm stuck in my ways, lol, but it works fine. My android phone does this sometimes. Not with Nikonites so far, but sometimes with big company junk mail from Home Depot and others. Completely blank emails and then I try a few times and it sometimes eventually loads the content. Sometimes not though.
Nick, most of the time I get all ok. It's just the few times that I don't as shown. On the smart phone for lots of other things like your Home Depot exampls, yes all of the stuff doesn't show, but at least it says it's there if you want it. That is normal for the smart phone.
The Nikonites thing is on the computer and the smart phone when it happens: no subject or body content.

nickt

On the smart phone for lots of other things like your Home Depot exampls, yes all of the stuff doesn't show, but at least it says it's there if you want it. That is normal for the smart phone.
I'm familiar with the 'load entire' or whatever its called. I have it set to download entire messages. What I was trying to say was I sometimes randomly get totally blank mystery emails. I mean white screen - nothing, just the sender email address. It seems to be a quirk of the email client and my verizon email. Verizon email works on other devices and the phone email client works with my other email accounts on the phone. Its only stuff like home depot and harbor freight and only happens once in awhile, so not worth troubleshooting. Anyway, I see you are having the problem on both pc and phone so it does not look like a problem with your email client. Sounds like they are getting mangled before they get to you. Good luck.

nzswift

I don't like it and here's why. I subscribed to the BIF thread. When a new message was posted there were links to the jpg's that had been posted. You could just click on the photos and be done with them...
Now I have to read the whole thread so they go straight in the Trash folder

Marilynne

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
I have now started getting email from here that is blank. No subject, or body. Just a blank email. This didn't happen before the change. The change really doesn't make any difference to me anyway, except getting "blanks".

@jdeg

I get the blank e-mail with [No Subject]. I think I finally figured it out. Looks like it happens with the polls. It really doesn't matter, but it did have me wondering.

cwgrizz announced the winner at 8:36am, [No Subject] email.
Felisek replied at 9:33am, [No Subject] email.

Edit: BTW, the above is in reference to the LOOK UP weekly assignment.

Last edited:

cwgrizz

Challenge Team
@jdeg

I get the blank e-mail with [No Subject]. I think I finally figured it out. Looks like it happens with the polls. It really doesn't matter, but it did have me wondering.

cwgrizz announced the winner at 8:36am, [No Subject] email.
Felisek replied at 9:33am, [No Subject] email.

Edit: BTW, the above is in reference to the LOOK UP weekly assignment.

Not sure if that has anything to do with it. I get the blank email notifications many, well not many but alot, each day. I will see if I can test it out. Ha!