New Member from Sterling, VA

Teamfour

Wow, where do I start? I am new to the site and my D3100, but not to the photo world.

My grandfather was a professional photographer and was the first to use color in New Orleans. Before that I remember watching my grandmother hand coloring B&W portraits. I would hang around the studio and work in the darkroom as a kid.

In college I worked in a photofinishing plant and became the production manager. At the same time I worked in the technical photo studio at the University of New Orleans.

Later I was national manager of R&D for a company called Kis Photo, the inventors of one hour photo labs. I then went on to manage Kodak's production plant in Memphis, TN for two years. After that I became manager at NASA Stennis Space Center's multimedia services providing photo, video, and reprographic support to the Shuttle program and 19 federal agencies.

Amazingly, in a huge departure from the photo world, I am now Chief of the Office of Congressional Affairs for the Dept of the Interior In DC.

I have used everything from Horseman large and medium format cameras, Mamiya 6x7s, Robertson 20' flat bed cameras, 120, 220, 110, 35mm, and even disc cameras.

I look forward to learning from y'all in the world of digital cameras.

Welcome to the site. Interesting, I worked in PhotoWorld One Hour Photo in New Orleans along with the rest of the Southeast. They eventually merged with CameraAmerica One Hour Photo