NAPP & Kepby Training Merging

BackdoorArts

Did you go ahead & renew your membership Jake?
In case this was a mistake & they decide to up the fees again!

I'm taking Rocky at his word when he says he's seen that it's $99/yr ongoing for existing NAPP members. I need to do some digging but the site is running slow for me.

RockyNH_RIP

Just do NOT let it lapse... if you leave and come back, its at the new guy rate!! :)

I think I read it all in a FAQ section guys but I cannot find it right now....

Pat in NH

nikonpup

:) you guys need to be up in the middle of the night like this old fart. Running fine @ 2 am here. Check kelbyone facebook page for additional info and who to contact with questions. One thing i dislike - very hard to read the web pages. They need to put matt k. On drugs to slow him down when doing his lightroom stuff, way to fast for me and he does lightroom his way.

WhiteLight

Read through the link Rocky posted & it really is what it looks like
the only folks benefiting from this whole deal are pure NAPP members.
i really wonder what the thought process behind this decision was?

read through the comments too & obviously there are more unhappy people than the happy ones there

could it be that the kelby group over time have seen that NAPP members do not turn to Kelby Training members & this is probably the only way to move them in?
and that the Kelby members would anyways pay the amount they always were?
But that would mean that NAPP members are basically getting the Kelby Training suite for free upon renewal

we need Spock here, am unable to find any logic :confused:

BackdoorArts

I have to say that while I like that they are grandfathering in folks at previous rates, and I like it a LOT since I'm in at the cheapest possible renewal, this trio of answers has my head spinning...

Q. So, if I’m already a NAPP member, how much will it cost when it’s time to renew my membership?
A. We’re “grandfathering you in” at NAPP’s original renewal price. Since back in the 1990s, NAPP membership has always been just $99, and so if you’re a NAPP member, you can renew your KelbyOne membership for that same $99 (even though the full price is $249). Best of all, your renewal rate stays the same, as long as you don’t leave KelbyOne. If you leave, and then decide to come back at some time in the future, you’d have to join from scratch at the new price of $249, so in short…don’t leave.
Q. But what if I’m a Kelby Training Subscriber?
A. You’re grandfathered in, too! A Kelby Training membership and renewal has been $199 for years, and thankfully that’s not going to change for you — as long as you remain a KelbyOne member. If you leave, and then decide to come back at some later time, you’d have to join from scratch at the new price of $249, so stay up to date and you’re locked in at the old price.
Q. What if I have both?
A. You can renew at whichever membership you had first. So, if you were a NAPP member, and you later joined Kelby Training, you can renew at the NAPP price. If you joined Kelby Training first, then you’d renew at the Kelby Training price instead.

So, like I said, I'm glad I'm in at $99, but if I was in at $199, I think I'd be pissed not to be offered the $99 rate, and I'd certainly be pissed if I was in both, but had joined NAPP second and wasn't offered the $199 price. I have no idea what the numbers are for one service vs. the other, but it just seems to be too convoluted. Regardless, color me content to be in at the cheap rate. If I ever decide to leave I'm wondering if I can "sell" my membership? LOL

WhiteLight

Yep.. am certain the big boys would have sat at the big table & this point would've certainly been passed around.
they would have to know that almost everyone except the NAPP folks would be pissed off.
not only do they stand loosing members who are disgruntled, but the brand image would take a hit too
still feels just as weird as it did when i read it first

BackdoorArts

I'm guessing the deal was, "Folks who signed up for one of the originals get exactly what they signed up for and then some, at the original price they signed up for. If they want to complain all we have to do is point to the current price and say, 'Hey, we're not making you pay this!!'" And they have a point. If you liked what you have, you still have that at the price you agreed to - plus now you get the other half for nothing. This way no one really gets "screwed", it's just that some of us are "luckier" than others.