Movie Editing

Tonij

Hello. I have been trying to edit or trim a movie/video on my Nikon 5100. What I would like to do is take a piece out of the movie I don't want. Can I trim a portion out of the movie and restart it a different point?

Mfrankfort

I don't do movie editing, or movies at all.. But I think the software that comes with the camera can do it, otherwise there are numerous programs that can achieve what you want. Maybe someone that does movies can give you better advice, but alls I can say is "yes, it's possible"

Tonij

Nikon ViewNX2. It came with the 5100. I see how to take out a portion and keep it. But I want to take out a portion, get rid of it and keep what is left.

Fred Kingston_RIP

First time I looked at that... I use Adobe's Premier for video editing... That isn't very intuitive, is it ?... Looks like you can't do what you want with that software...

Michael J.

Did you take a look here

3. Editing Movies
To trim / edit a movie clip or image file drag and drop the file in to the Storyboard from the Source Panel. Double click the movie clip / image file in the Storyboard and a Trim window will open up as shown below. The Trim window allows you to set the In and Out points for the clip and so remove unwanted portions. You can combine movie files and still images in the same project.

https://nikoneurope-en.custhelp.com...48108/~/basic-operation-of-nikon-movie-editor

Tonij

I'll have to look into Adobe's Premier. I did figure it out but not too crazy about it. You can see the splice. Thanks for replying.

BackdoorArts

For the little work I've done I find myself extremely thankful for the ease of use I get with iMovie. I had Roxio Easy Media Creator ages ago on my PC and used that, but it was clunky. If you've got a Mac then iMovie should be enough. If you don't ... (wait for it) ... maybe you should. ;)

BackdoorArts

OK. Without quoting who you were responding to I thought you meant, "No, I have an iMac.", as a reply to someone offering Windows advice.