Moab Man 2015 Photo Collection

Moab Man

Those bike shots are impressive. The POV really sets them a step above.

Thank you. It was a lot of fun to work in there with the incredibly poor lighting which served to my advantage. The scary part was having to be vulnerable to getting hit by a flying bike when it goes wrong.

Moab Man

A little playing around this evening to get set up for a shot later tonight.

W_DSC_0183.jpg

W_DSC_0159.jpg

Moab Man

Earlier today I went out to play around with a little bit of snowboard photography for the shot tonight. It was a lot of fun. Here is what I came away with.

W_DSC_0198.jpg

W_DSC_0203.jpg

W_DSC_0206.jpg

nikonpup

the shots look great but, lose the googles. Imo it looks like he has one big eye in the middle of his face, very distracting.

Moab Man

LOL, he had the goggles because the wind of coming down the hill combined with the night cold made his eyes water terribly and he couldn't see. However, there is a price to be paid for art and he should just suck it up.

Moab Man

First shooting with a table top softbox. Learned a lot. First thing I learned was that included backdrops with their fold lines is a nightmare. Those will be trashed. Second, Using a neutral density filter on the lens to cut down light made it so much easier to work with when using flashes. Trying it again I will do it with constant light.

So feel free to give me some input and thoughts on the final image.

W_DSC9602.jpg

First shooting with a table top softbox. Learned a lot. First thing I learned was that included backdrops with their fold lines is a nightmare. Those will be trashed. Second, Using a neutral density filter on the lens to cut down light made it so much easier to work with when using flashes. Trying it again I will do it with constant light.

So feel free to give me some input and thoughts on the final image.

View attachment 191770

Nice lighting. Now try it with a smaller aperture so the DOF covers all the subject. Yes I know you are just playing at this point. LOL

Moab Man

That's my next step when I can get a backdrop that isn't full of fold lines like what came with the soft box. The fairy looked great in those deeper dof shots, but the grinding of the backdrop destroyed it.

Thanks though. Your thoughts confirm mine, I need a backdrop.