Michael's 50mm 1.8g on the D5100

Michael J.

On the way to a grocery-shop I captured this

shortwalk-4.jpg

shortwalk-1.jpg

shortwalk-2.jpg

shortwalk-3.jpg

Michael J.

went out in front of my hous etoday morning and tried to take a photo of the calm morning

banbueng-1.jpg

banbueng-2.jpg

Next to my house is an internet cafe. I was amazed by the light

inter-2.jpg

inter-1.jpg

I was surprised that the 50mm 1.8g was pumping in low-light. I couldn't get in focus. Only those photos were without problems. Manual focus is not that easy for me cos of my eyes, even I/n wearing glasses. My eyes can get in focus well so driving the car in the night is for me very difficult.

Now I think I am ready to use the 50mm.

Vincent

I couldn't get in focus. Only those photos were without problems. Manual focus is not that easy for me cos of my eyes, even I/n wearing glasses. My eyes can get in focus well so driving the car in the night is for me very difficult.

Now I think I am ready to use the 50mm.

I´m glad to see you committing to taking up the Nifty Fifty, it was my only lens in the beginning and it is great.
The focus issue is something you share with many though. I had no clue this evening if my lens was focussing correctly, seems half of my pictures are out of focus.
On a tripod I go to lifeview and then zoom on my focus point, I guess that would work fine on the D5100 too.

crycocyon

I like your strong style which also has a simplicity which is refreshing to see. Those night shots are cool. Always very interesting subject matter! You are becoming a master with the 50mm! :cool:

Michael J.

I was walking to a nearby tool shop, I took my camera together in case I see something. A dog was blocking my way, growled and bared its teeth. I on the knee and took this snap. He was very upset and run towards me barking the hell out of his body. Fortunately his human came out and stopped him.. Let me tell you something, my body was allover with goosebumps.

dog50mm-1.jpg

Marilynne

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
Contributor
I was walking to a nearby tool shop, I took my camera together in case I see something. A dog was blocking my way, growled and bared its teeth. I on the knee and took this snap. He was very upset and run towards me barking the hell out of his body. Fortunately his human came out and stopped him.. Let me tell you something, my body was allover with goosebumps.

View attachment 90582

Glad it didn't bite you. Chris got nipped a couple of weeks ago by a little dog. His wound is almost healed. He did go to the doc for a tetanus shot, just in case.

mikew_RIP

Had one go for me a while ago whilst walking on the sea front,i ask the guy if it was a good swimmer because my boot was capable of launching it a long way into the river Humber.Sorry but i have no time for nasty dogs after 3 Great Danes and a mongrel over thirty years all good natured because i never allowed them to be any other.