Memory Card Strategy for Nikon D7000 - HELP!!!??

Sgt Preston

My sdxc card says 15mb read and lower write. lol Depends on hardware, ie camera. i got a really good deal... 64gb sandisk sdxc for 78.00 new & guaranteed, so I bought it. I wanted the 64 gig for lots of pics without worrying about having to change cards or dump pictures during my trip.

Last edited by a moderator:

Yucel

I was wondering what memory cards and strategy everyone is using for the two card slots on the D7000. I was thinking of using SanDisk Extreme® HD Video SDHC™ 16GB Card in slot 1 with the SanDisk Extreme® HD Video SDHC™ 8GB Card in slot two. What to you think?

Do you think the Extreme card is needed for this camera?

Thanks - Got mine through Best Buy on 10/17 and consider myself very lucky.

I do my editing on a PC using the second slot for added memory only, thus am almost always Shooting uncompressed raw and so the shot buffer in the D7000 fills up after 10 shots when shooting rapid bursts or follow on shots.

The UHS-1 Cards help clear the buffer faster than class 10 or class 6 cards, see test in actual use:
http://glamourphotography.co/?p=2466

Last edited:

Yucel

I just got my 64 GB sandisk sdxc card and im doing something wrong or im disappointed. I can only seem to get 11 pic burst before it freezes up and i have to wait to take more :(

Yes, the D7000 memory buffer fills with as few as 10 shots when shooting full resolution and can shoot continuously when shooting certain JPGs, see specs: Nikon D7000 Memory speed tests, SDHC Memory Cards: including Sandisk Extreme Pro UHS Speed Class 1 45MB/Sec and Several Popular Class 10 SDHC Cards | Cultured Woman, LLC

fotojack

Putting in a 64 gig card is just asking for trouble! Much better to use 4 gig cards and change as needed. Less chance of card errors or corruption this way.

Curt

anyone familiar with eye fi wireless cards and their effientency with the d7000
Yes, I use a Eye Fi card, I use it with my D7000' I have no real issues with it,other then it downloads a little slow. It's great if you are using it around the house. Right now I am using a 32GB class 10 in slot one (shooting in raw)' and a 16GB class 6 in slot two shooting jpeg.