Lurch's 'yet another 365 project'

Lurch

A few friends and I decided we wanted to give this a shot.
We've all agreed to at least do January, and re-assess is we keep it weekly or daily after that.

But thus far for me:

Day 1:
The traditional (drunken) NYE Party

DSC_2636.jpg by Mr Lurch, on Flickr

Day 2:
A shot of Telstra Tower (Black Mountain) on a rather bleh day

DSC_2649-Edit-Edit by Mr Lurch, on Flickr

Day 3:
I finally got my membership for the VJMC

Member!! by Mr Lurch, on Flickr

Day 4:
The attempt was to photograph a thinly sliced orange, to bring out the detail therein. However I wasn't happy with what I was getting (Just couldnt find a nice balance between exposure and detail), So went the HDR route and this was the end result.
The PP that went into this was to WB each frame and set LR's lens profile; then import into PS HDR Pro. Bumped up the detail, a touch of exposure, and ramp up the highlights (the cling wrap on the light board left artifacts). Then just clean up the remainder of the artifacts in PS and then back into LR for publishing.

Orange Light by Mr Lurch, on Flickr

Day 5:
*Insert ominous breathing here*
More light board fun

Darth Vader by Mr Lurch, on Flickr

Lurch

DSC_2834-Edit by Mr Lurch, on Flickr

The idea was to swing it past some lights (the xmas lights you can see hanging up in the background) on a slightly slow shutter and then use a rear-curtain flash to highlight the falcon. It's not so bad, but I'm guessing the rig had a slight curve to the swing.

Falcon rig by Mr Lurch, on Flickr

nidding

That Millennium Falcon shot is really cool!
Maybe you could angle the model, so as to show it a bit from the top, so it would be easier to recognise. Just a thought... :)
But good shots so far

BackdoorArts

Love the oranges!! Are they on a light table? If not, what did you use to light them?

Very cool idea with the Millennium Falcon. If I'd change anything with it I'd tilt the model towards you a little more and cut back on the flash a touch and maybe warm it up a bit in post. Nice execution of the idea though.

wud

You are very creative :) Nice start to 2014. I too love those oranges, I think I'll have to try something like that.

Lurch

Evening all,
its with a fairly heavy heart that I must bid you all a due.
I've had my wonderful D800 for nearly 12 months now; however it has just never 'done it for me'.
I've explained my feelings in another post so I wont go into it here. So I have just confirmed the sale of my D800 and ordered a K3. I'm headed back to Pentax. It's simply where my heart is.

If you're at all interested, I shall be continuing my 365 project here: Flickr: The Dave, Heidi, Jerry, and Lurch's 365 Pool

RockyNH_RIP

Evening all,
its with a fairly heavy heart that I must bid you all a due.
I've had my wonderful D800 for nearly 12 months now; however it has just never 'done it for me'.
I've explained my feelings in another post so I wont go into it here. So I have just confirmed the sale of my D800 and ordered a K3. I'm headed back to Pentax. It's simply where my heart is.

If you're at all interested, I shall be continuing my 365 project here: Flickr: The Dave, Heidi, Jerry, and Lurch's 365 Pool

Sorry to see you go... wishing you the best!

Pat in NH