krs_2007 2014

Krs_2007

Haven't been posting pictures much lately, lazy I guess so I thought would upload a couple from this week.

_K1S1385.jpg

_K1S1395.jpg

Last edited:

Blacktop

Nice shots Kevin. Did you do much cropping on the football shots? I was going to go practice this Friday night and wasn't sure if my 18-140 would be long enough on my 7100.

Krs_2007

Nice shots Kevin. Did you do much cropping on the football shots? I was going to go practice this Friday night and wasn't sure if my 18-140 would be long enough on my 7100.

Thanks Pete, my earlier shots were cropped because of where I was shooting from. I kept bugging to find out how I could get a sideline pass, so the cropping is in the 20-30 percent range and thats only to get rid of some distractions. I shoot with a 200 at night and sometimes use my TC with it if I have enough light. With a 140 you will be cropping down pretty far if your in the stands. Look for places to get close and plan on walking the length of the field a bunch. For baseball the 200 works all the way round as I am on the field with them all the time.

My goal is to get a 300 f/4 or f/2.8 if I can find the right price. The perfect lens length is the 300-400 range if you ask me. I use to use my 70-300 VRII and it was nice for sports, just a little soft on the long end but still it did its job. I only upgraded to the 2.8 to gain the extra stops in light, which is huge coming from 5.6 to 2.8 and shooting at night.

Its a blast, you are always trying to anticipate the action and planning your shots so its not stop. The main thing is to make sure you get the ball in every shot if you can, sometimes that doesn't happen and you can still have a nice shot. My son is 52 in the shot of the QB and Line above, so I will focus on him and not worry about the ball sometimes to keep Mom happy.

The above shot was around 40-50 percent because of where I was standing, I was trying to get shots of outfielders and then my son started stealing bases and made it to home before I could close. The shots of them hitting is less cropping, 20-30 cropped off. I frame/shoot in the center and then crop how I need to later. Center point, 9 points, Spot Metering, adjust the ISO to keep the shots above 2x focal length and all are hand held.

Last edited: