James project 365 2014

James Clark

Re: James project 365

DSC_7460.jpg
30/12/14, Day 364 of 365, the penultimate shot of what I can honestly say has been one of the most creatively challenging project's I have ever under taken.

I'd like to take this opportunity to thank everyone who has come on to my project thread and taken time to look through my shots. Its been a challenging year and this project has been both a blessing and curse, Through the death, earlier in the year
of my uncle, whom helped shape me into the person I have become. Two house moves, a broken laptop, a damaged camera through an attempted theft and various other now seemingly small problems. I have some how managed to rattle off a shot a day. Now, creatively drained and ready to put down the camera before again picking it straight back up. Only this time I can plan my shoots through enjoyment and not, what felt from probably, May, as necessity to finish something I'd started on as a way to learn about photography.

Before the start of this year. I Had only owned a Nikon for a short time. I'd graduated from a bridge camera but Only just managed to move off auto

Now I feel like I know even less. I've quickly learn't that you never truly understand photography. One thing you do need is luck.

To everyone else that has managed to get this far too (and those that fell along the way) I salute you all. this is a mammoth project that is not to be undertake lightly. To even attempt it is noble.

Just tomorrow to go everybody!

Last edited:

James Clark

Thanks Roy. Its been hard too, I'm going to take a month to just shoot before maybe finding another project to start. Something where I'm not bound to the unbelievable constraints that this project has. A shot a day is mind blowing. A friend is just about to embark on his own quest. I warned him. You'll go through day's and sometimes weeks where you may only shoot 1 shot a day. Its hard but rewarding. I have some very good portfolio pictures. I just need to print them all of so I can lay them out and look at them via a different medium. See which ones jump out and which ones shrink away.

I think maybe my next project, Colour, letter's something I can hunt out creative shot's and take time over.

Maybe something will jump out as I review my years shot's. Hell, I can't even remember half of what I shot...

Roy1961

Contributor

i only found it hard going in the last 2 months, when the dark nights started to set it, it will be good to say i have been there and done it, but i will not be doing it next year.

Lawrence

Well done James.

I couldn't have said it as well as you did:
a blessing and a curse and so much learnt - mainly that we know nothing and have so much more to learn at the end of it.

Nice to have achieved it though.

Tonight's first celebratory drink will be more than just for the year ahead. I shall have a quiet salute to all of us who started on this very loooooong journey.

Vixen

Well done James. You done a great job. Don't think I could have done it was I not retired with every minute of the day my own (well almost at least)...and you had all those other problems/events that could easily have made you call it a day. Good onya for sticking with it and sharing with us all :D

Krs_2007

Great job on the 365, really like your shots. Can't blame you for taking time off.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD