Is Nikon In $$$ Trouble Too?

Ruidoso Bill

Certainly but then again, kids here buy at least two smart phones a year, often more. Many of those cost what an entry DSLR or mirrorless costs. I'm not saying Nikon will go down. I certainly hope they won't. But just like with film, progress and change doesn't care about what anyone wants.

Photographer here is in the top five professions going extinct. I wish it was different since I'm getting sick of going to a store and being served by people that can only sell. If that's a cam, lens or a pair of socks is all the same to them. Don't ask them anything since they haven't got a clue about anything.

Then don't buy from them.

When my macro arrived, I went to pick it up and the guy asked me what sort of photography I was doing.

Atleast he was being curious, insects, sand, birds etc

I had already bought a pseudo-macro and close up lenses. I guess those weren't good enough clues.

I have never heard anyone say I need a new phone to improve my photography, glass is half empty for some, uninformed for others. I wonder why they still sell oil paint and canvas, and yes even film.

Last edited:

J-see

It's not as if I have a choice who to buy from. The three "official" Nikon dealers here are either that store, a toy store or one that mainly sells kitchen equipment. That's how things changed.

Btw, who's talking about buying phones to improve photography?

Last edited:

SkvLTD

Yea, when Penn shut down in most locations was a huge surprise for me last year. I had one fairly close by too.

Blacktop

I have never heard anyone say I need a new phone to improve my photography

You have not been on any Android forums or sites I take it. I don't know if it's the number one reason most get the latest smart phone, but it is one of the top reasons.
You think we DSLR users do a lot of pixel peeping? You should see those guys!;)

Nero

You have not been on any Android forums or sites I take it. I don't know if it's the number one reason most get the latest smart phone, but it is one of the top reasons.
You think we DSLR users do a lot of pixel peeping? You should see those guys!;)
I know enough about Android sites to know this is true. lol It's actually pretty hilarious the kind of arguments they get into.