Hyogen's Cuteness Overload (Kitty Cats)...a recent convert from Canon & crop-sensor!

STM

Re: Hyogen's Cuteness Overload (Kitty Cats)...a recent convert from Canon & crop-sens

Puppies are certainly cute but kittens are just plain adorable! This is one of our cats when she was a little over 6 weeks old. She is a manx, and only has a "stub" tail about 2 inches long.

mandy_zps62169a44.jpg

Last edited:

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
Re: Hyogen's Cuteness Overload (Kitty Cats)...a recent convert from Canon & crop-sens

Here is our "Chouchoune"

curious_cat.jpg

jdeg

^ broke something
Staff member

Funny, I wasn't looking, but I saw that you post over on head-fi. I was just talking with the owner. Nice guy!

Should get some of those guys over here in that Nikon thread!

Hyogen

hehe.. I almost shot the head-fi meetup this past weekend in Portland. I was sick and knew that there was another guy who usually took photos, so I didn't go. Photography freed me from the jaws of audiophilism.....right into the hands of the never-ending photography obsession :D

jdeg

^ broke something
Staff member

I honestly didn't know there was such a thing for heaphones until today. Jude is a madman. I was shocked when he told me he uses a d4 for his pics. Hah

sent from my phone

crycocyon

Honestly, if there was something like a pro cat photographer, your portfolio would be the cat's meow! :D

piperbarb

Your cat photos make mine look dull. Nice shots!

Hyogen

Thank you. I definitely enjoy post processing in lightroom, so that might be the difference! A year and half ago I had no idea most people pp'd their photos!

piperbarb

Thank you. I definitely enjoy post processing in lightroom, so that might be the difference! A year and half ago I had no idea most people pp'd their photos!
HaHa! It's not the post processing, it's that my cats are lazy slugs. :)

Hyogen

50mm 1.8G at 1.8. I barely got away with shooting at 1.8. I cropped this picture a little, so you don't have to be super close to get this bokeh. Some other shots I focused on the cat's face or wife's face, and one of them was soft due to the narrow DOF. The circular bokeh is exactly why I decided to get the G version. I still have the AF version (pre-D) and I use it for freelensing.