Horoscope Fish

05 January 2015 / Day 5 of 365
This Place Where I Work #1.jpg

This Place Where I Work

Last edited:

Horoscope Fish

06 January 2015 / Day 6 of 365
Serenditous Still Life (aka This Place Where I Work, #2).jpg

Serendipitous Still Life (aka "This Place Where I Work, #3")

Last edited:

Deezey

Love the mailboxes and the printmaker shot. Your Still Life for whatever reason is working for me too. I think maybe all the muted color and negative space. Nice photos.

Horoscope Fish

What is the ugly type for?
I'm not entirely sure I understand what you're asking but the shot shows a cart full of moveable type letters which are little steel blocks used in printing presses. I hope that answers your question but let me know if it doesn't.

wev

Contributor
I'm not entirely sure I understand what you're asking but the shot shows a cart full of moveable type letters which are little steel blocks used in printing presses. I hope that answers your question but let me know if it doesn't.

Sorry, just late night impudence. I was/am a letterpress printer and have about 300 cases of type in my shop, though I no longer do any commercial work. I just wondered what you were using the type for -- the "ugly" referring to the face only.

Horoscope Fish

Sorry, just late night impudence. I was/am a letterpress printer and have about 300 cases of type in my shop, though I no longer do any commercial work. I just wondered what you were using the type for -- the "ugly" referring to the face only.
Okay. Gotcha... :D

To better explain, the moveable type is not something I use personally. I work in the Fine Arts department at at college and that shot was taken in the Printmaking area. They do all sorts of cool looking stuff back there I don't understand (intaglio, lithography, aquatint, linocut, etc.) but the equipment often makes for some nice shots.

Horoscope Fish

09 January 2015 / Day 9 of 365
*sigh* I painted myself into corner today and had to grab a shot in a clutch: Christmas lights well-past their time.
Our Time Has Passed.jpg

Our Time Has Passed