Help with Forum Signature!

RockyNH_RIP

Thanks to all who offered suggestions... It appears I do not have access to edit that at this time...
Appreciate all who attempted to help..

Pat

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
In the meantime, if anyone wants me to edit or add signature info, please PM me. I *think* the forum limits are 5 lines and up to 2 links. No pics in the signatures. If possible, please format your text with the font and size you want to use. I'm sure the font will be smaller in size than what we use when posting comments.

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
For those who have been around a while and are experienced registered users (senior members), please see if you can now edit your own signature. If you run into any issues, please let me know.

There are limits for new users though. I think members will require so many posts before being allowed to add a signature - no clue as to how many posts though.

Fred Kingston

:p You folks with long (many lines) signatures be cautious in editing your old signature... It looks like you get about 5 lines total...and if you edit your old 10 line signature, you may end up deleting 1/2 of it...

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
:p You folks with long (many lines) signatures be cautious in editing your old signature... It looks like you get about 5 lines total...and if you edit your old 10 line signature, you may end up deleting 1/2 of it...
Yes, parameters had already been set for 5 lines and 2 links in signatures. I don't believe any images can be added either. Senior members and the Challenge Team should now be able to add/edit their signatures - that was the only change made today.

BF Hammer

I see the edit screen now. However now I will need to think of a way to trim down the signature and still keep it easy to read.

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
I see the edit screen now. However now I will need to think of a way to trim down the signature and still keep it easy to read.
Looks like you currently have 7 lines in middle. Keep in mind if you edit yours, you will lose 2 lines. The new forum signature is set for 5 lines.

wildshots

Similar problem. I click on name, click it again, puts me into profile, click about and I get a very abbreviated 'about', no signature button. Here's a screen shot of what I have after clicking 'about'. Note that it is highlighted, indicating that I have clicked it.
signature.jpg

BF Hammer

Similar problem. I click on name, click it again, puts me into profile, click about and I get a very abbreviated 'about', no signature button. Here's a screen shot of what I have after clicking 'about'. Note that it is highlighted, indicating that I have clicked it. View attachment 401566
You walked the wrong path there.

Go click once on your name near the upper-right (next to the envelope and bell icons). A drop-down window will appear. Do not click on your name again...instead find the "signature" menu item that is in the lower part of that drop-down and click on it.

Screenshot 2024-02-10 at 13-51-03 What's new.png

wildshots

You walked the wrong path there.

Go click once on your name near the upper-right (next to the envelope and bell icons). A drop-down window will appear. Do not click on your name again...instead find the "signature" menu item that is in the lower part of that drop-down and click on it.

View attachment 401568
But, but, but, I never do anything rong :) Nope, no siggy button there either.
siggy.jpg

wildshots

Went back to page one and read up. I did see where there may be a post count restriction on some features. That could be the problem since the signature button shows when BF Hammer clicks but doesn't show when I click. Sorry to be such a bother.

Sam