Hello Y'all from Texas!

paul_b

Hi Laura. I understand how you feel about posting on forums for the 1st time. I felt the same way at first too. You soon get in the swing of it. Just remember you have so much more to gain than lose!

You WILL for sure occasionally come across the odd idiot who gets brave with insulting comments just because they are hidden behind a phone or computer, but mostly people are on here because they are kind enough to WANT to help with a subject that they feel passionate about too. You can learn so much!

Sent from my XT1562 using Tapatalk

You WILL for sure occasionally come across the odd idiot who gets brave with insulting comments just because they are hidden behind a phone or computer,

And if this happens here there is a little triangle at the bottom of each post that is for "Report post". Click on it and it sends a message to the moderators and one of us will review the post and take action when necessary. Or you can PM me directly and I will look at it. If it is truly insulting I will remove the post and let the poster know that is not appropriate behavior for this forum.
We do not have to do this very often because the members here are generally a great and helpful group.

paul_b

Or "crush them to death with a hug", ie "thanks for your kind words, much appreciated!", lol

Sent from my XT1562 using Tapatalk

Whiskeyman

From Florida, welcome to nikonites.com, Laura. Remember that, at one time or another, everyone on here was just starting out.

I hope you enjoy your time here, as I want as many D750 shooters on here as can be, since I just purchased a D750 today!!!:rolleyes:

WM

Whiskeyman

What is a good shutter count

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

A good shutter count is a low one.

Every individual camera shutter has a finite number of actuations that it will perform before it fails. Most of them are "designed" to 150,000 actuations, but others are so for more than that. (Those are typically "pro" cameras.) These numbers are not guaranteed, but are usually associated with the mean number of actuations before failure. Some shutters fail well before this number, but some go far beyond.

WM

lkbuchanan

Wow thank you very much for this! I can't tell you how many times I have been frustrated trying to figure out how to post an image.

Last edited:

lkbuchanan

I am sorry I haven't been on here in a while, just been really busy lately. I promise I will go through here and read each and every comment! Thank you all for taking the time to say hi!

lkbuchanan

Welcome to the forum. You are off to a great start and with the best camera. There is a very dedicate group of D750 shooters here so we are happy to have one more. Now we want to see some great photos from the Heart of Texas. Visited Houston and Dallas a couple of weeks ago.

Here is a guide to posting that will help you get started. Ask questions any time.

Guidelines to adding a photo to your post.

1. Resize photo to 1000px on the long side.
2. Resolution set to 72ppi (Pixels Per Inch)

These guidelines will be good for viewing on a computer but will not be good for printing. This will help safeguard your copyright.

Thank you very much for this!!

subash jeram

Hi Don, please excuse my ignorance, but are you guys all accessing this chat from a desktop or phone? I from my phone n it does not show how to post. Thanks in advance .

allend

From phone, in the Tapatalk app, you can post a photo as a reply using the "+" button and choosing either from your accessed gallery or camera app on the phone.

In the event the stored photo may need to be resized for posting, it would need to be done elsewhere first.

Regards.

allend

Have the phone version conquered (except for the occasional accidental tap of the "thank you" heart), I've struggled a bit getting connected via laptop without having to create an alternate identity. Which might be helpful as I could criticize my criticisms or some such...

Laptop entry is requiring answers to passwords I didn't create when I entered via phone app.