Hello Everyone

Roy1961

Contributor
I agree with Marilynne and your own 365 thread, best thing i started on here, plus when you look in other users threads you will pick up ideas and tips, hover over their photos will give you the settings that they used.

realuvsdolphins

Thank you Roy! Right now I'm working with the Nikon Coolpix L330 but I don't think I can change a whole lot on this camera but I'm doing my homework on that. I can't wait until I can upgrade to a DSLR. I got to play with my friends Nikon D5200 and loved it. They do have so many models, how do you choose?

Roy1961

Contributor
$$ is usually a factor, do a lot or research before too, dont worry it wont be your last camera buy, there will be more

Redtail55

Choose the camera that feels right for your experience , I started out with a D3200 which really got me going in the direction to get better and learn all the terminology and settings that it's capable of. Over the year of owning the camera I came to the conclusion that for my style of photography (birds and BIF) the D3200 wasn't quite giving me the results I was looking for so now I just bought a previously enjoyed D300s to move forward and really use what I learned over the last year to move up the ladder to the next level .

RocketCowboy

Hello everyone! I am new to the Nikon world all together. I am currently using a Nikon Coolpix L330 that I just received for Christmas. I had started off in 2010 getting into photography but put it down cause I didn't feel like I was "good enough" but I have recently started getting back into it after many encouragements from close friends saying that I had good work. Trying to master this camera so I can work my way up into the DSLR world. I have a lot to learn....so far the L330 is pretty good. Lots of different settings on it, the only thing I don't care for is the fact that you don't have a view finder just the digital screen. I have a hard time holding it steady long enough to focus it for some of my pictures which can cause a blur. I am trying to figure out how to do an anti blur on it. Not sure if I can. Other then that I would say it's a great starter camera, very light and compact. I just had a baby 3 months ago and I absolutely love taking photos of her. I have done some of animals and nature as well. Hope everyone has a great day!

Howdy Rachelle and welcome to Nikonites!

Looking forward to seeing some of your images soon, and also following your progression into DSLRs!

fotojack

Rachelle...know what would really be nice? To see your picture on the left side of the page. :) It's nice to see who you're talking to at times, don't you agree? :)

realuvsdolphins

@fotojack, I agree. I hope that one is better. I'm not really one to be on the other side of the camera much. I was diagnosed with thyroid disease in 2007 so I gained a lot of weight. I just lost a big chunk of it after having my baby. My self confidence really isn't there much these days if you know what I mean. I have a lot of goals this year and it's all going to keep me really busy so I'm sure I will lose the rest of the weight. :) It's been hell over the years, never thought I would go to the doctors much. I went to school for medical assisting in 2010 and had to become my own advocate cause I didn't have very good doctors. I learned a lot and took my own actions and found an amazing endocrinologist. I have never felt this good in years. :)

Englischdude

Hi Rea!

welcome to the forum from snowy austria. Dont be afraid to ask and certainly dont be afraid to post!

I look forward to seeing your photography skills develop and of course to seeing your pics!

realuvsdolphins

I just want to apologize to all of my friends on here for not being as social. I have been really under the weather lately but I am much better and back in full action!! Can't wait to catch up with all of you!! :)

realuvsdolphins

So I got a Nikon D5300, still reading the manual and trying to get acquainted with it. Here's a couple of shots I did on Auto. Nothing to brag about except I have the most beautiful model of course!!! :) Looking forward to learning everything so I can go into Manual mode. My workshop is the 21st of March so I'm really looking forward to it.

Attachments

• CSC_0090.JPG
    CSC_0090.JPG
    120.7 KB · Views: 115
  • DSC_0084.JPG
    DSC_0084.JPG
    177.5 KB · Views: 52
  • DSC_0095.JPG
    DSC_0095.JPG
    180.2 KB · Views: 138

realuvsdolphins

Been super busy with so much reading and research!! I feel like my head is going to explode!! Still learning my camera.....have to finish reading the entire manual but I'm more of a hands on person. Done a lot of other reading and research and here's an attempt at my first Bokeh! Critiques are welcome because it's the only way I am going to learn and become stronger!! Thank you to all of you for being super sweet, supportive and being the greatest inspiration!!

Attachments

• DSC_0188.jpg
    DSC_0188.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 86

realuvsdolphins

Trying different angles. Still have a lot to learn. Think I need more distance between my subject and background.

Attachments

• DSC_0212.jpg
    DSC_0212.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 91