Helene's 2014 Project365

ohkphoto

Snow White
Day 4 January 4th

"Lucia"

DSC_0044.jpg

ohkphoto

Snow White
Geez, fishin' for compliments, are ya? Ok, you win... double post = double likes for you. :D

LOL, Pretzel. The DSL went out just as I pushed the "post" button so I thought it didn't post, then I found out it did, then I couldn't get rid of it . . . sigh . . . damn internet.

ohkphoto

Snow White
Day 7 January 7th

In Full Bloom

. . . having fun playing with my new toy, a cute little Nikon 1 J3 . . . definite replacement for my Canon point and shoot.

DSC_0064.jpg

ohkphoto

Snow White
Thanks all for the comments. I have to admit, I'm so used to shooting RAW, being incredibly "pixel selfish", and in control . . . it's been kind of challenging and fun to turn a little more control over to the camera . . . oh, horror, shooting jpeg ! :devilish: :cool:

Eduard

Super Mod
Staff member
Super Mod
Thanks all for the comments. I have to admit, I'm so used to shooting RAW, being incredibly "pixel selfish", and in control . . . it's been kind of challenging and fun to turn a little more control over to the camera . . . oh, horror, shooting jpeg ! :devilish: :cool:

Why only JPEG when you can use RAW too?

ohkphoto

Snow White
Why only JPEG when you can use RAW too?

I maybe don't know enough about the settings, yet. Or I'm confusing myself which is not too difficult. It seems like not all the features are available in raw, and then I was using Lightroom 3 and found out that the raw version for this format was not supported, so it "forced" me to upgrade LOL So now I have it set to shoot both raw and jpeg so I have all bases covered.

ohkphoto

Snow White
Day 11 . . . January 11th

"Blind Leading the Blind"

My two little special needs dogs . . . Banjo the Maltese with cataracts, and Fergie, the blind Cocker Spaniel, a death row rescue . . . they pal around together in the barn in the evening.

I'm still "exploring" the J3 . . . trying to see what it can and cannot do.

DSC_0176.jpg

Last edited: