Hdr?

Eye-level

Banned
I just like it's heavy duty slightly unrefined look. No tripod, so it could have been sharper but it's not always about that.

I like it! Personally I think sharpness is overrated. I can understand why people like it...I like it...but every single picture a person makes does not have to be razor sharp...photography is an art form not a clinical procedure! Of course my photography looks like a lobotomy gone horribly wrong most of the time but that's another thread...LOL

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
Here is my simile HDR from this morning's shot. + heavily filtered, trying for the real ;) artistic look and feel. LOL

Apple blossom study worked.jpg

JulianK

I like it! Personally I think sharpness is overrated. I can understand why people like it...I like it...but every single picture a person makes does not have to be razor sharp...photography is an art form not a clinical procedure! Of course my photography looks like a lobotomy gone horribly wrong most of the time but that's another thread...LOL

Thanks, sometimes I enjoy a rough unplanned snap that comes good. Most of my work involves days or weeks of advanced planning and is frankly exhausting. So the occasional snap capture is quite a pleasure.
Completely agree - photography is an art form, I'm not overly concerned with technicalities. Not to the point where they're the main interest, the image is the interest. When I was a Canon user Canon interviewed me for a review on one of their standard zoom lenses, part of the interview was "why did you choose this lens?" The true answer was "Because it came with the kit" - Of course I couldn't say that and ended up having to rattle off a load of tech blurb.
Art all the way, the camera's just the tool. That's my personal opinion anyway.