Gun club shoot

Squaredoch

Hello, Sorry to hear about your host's injury. It has happened to me once and it is really painful. Even when experienced this can happen. Anyway, I hope he is ok.
Re your outing, you have seen first hand what it is about at a shoot so next time you will be better prepared. I think your image 34 may be staged. He does not look comfortable and he seems to be positioned behind the line of guns so would not be in a safe position. That may be just an impression though as sometimes the camera does lie!.
You should be satisfied with your images, Well done.

Skwaz

All comments welcome
thank you squaredog all your advice all was taken onboardI but on the day !!!
i have to say no it wasn't staged the line of guns arced round at the end where Harry was and as I said in
a previous post old H has arthritis Parkinson's and he us 80 years old so no not staged at all

Last edited:

Skwaz

Ok I'm gunna post photos from gun club
I don't seem to be able to get exif on but still like your opinions on out of focus
I know it's a tuff ask without info but I can say most of the close shots of guns which I hoped to get , are out
it was a grey day had ISO 400 should have gone higher , some shots where just 30th or 60 with 35mmi was cold and wet
so blame camera shake on that
look forward to the flak

Lawrence

I love the black and white one - looks like it belongs in the era of yesteryear.
The full length portraits are all cool as they give the overcast feeling and the vegetation tells a story on its own.
It is a pity the "gun" shots aren't sharp but that is being hyper critical for this forum only. I am sure the members will not be anywhere near as critical.
Be good if you get an invite again next year.

EDIT: I would have liked to have seen some close ups of the dogs.

Skwaz

Thanx Lawrence
The b w is by far my fave unfortunately there was wheelie bins on the right
and a drain pipe on the left so had to crop a weird size