grandpaw's image thread

Rick M

Try this!!! When you do a post, after you upload the picture and can see the small version on the preview, double click the picture and choose original size. If you have already have a post with a small picture choose edit, then double click on the picture and pick original size then go below and save it. Jeff

Got it! Thanks!!!!!!

grandpaw

I saw this little fellow just relaxing in the sun. Jeff

_DSC2990.jpg

Carolina Photo Guy

I saw this little fellow just relaxing in the sun. Jeff

View attachment 13666

In all probability, this little fellow is RABID!

This is not normal behavior for a wild raccoon. Wild raccoons are nocturnal by nature and they almost

NEVER just sit out in the open where other predators have a very good chance at them.

If you don't believe me, just check with your local animal control office. PLEASE be careful around wild animals that

do not exhibit normal behavior.

Hope this helps.

Mike150

This is not normal behavior for a wild raccoon. Wild raccoons are nocturnal by nature and they almost

NEVER just sit out in the open where other predators have a very good chance at them.

If you don't believe me, just check with your local animal control office. PLEASE be careful around wild animals that

Hope this helps.

It is not normal behavior for Pete to give "Sound" advice. Normal for Pete is witty repartee.
If you don't believe me, just check with any moderator.

Good advice Pete, but couldn't resist just a little bit of humor.

PS... Jeff... Great Elk shot. (#66) At least I think it's an elk... If not, Pete will correct me.

grandpaw

Hope this helps.

Never fear, he is not RABID but I do appreciate your concern and feel free to comment on anything I post. Just to clarify me knowing this, I will add that this was taken at the Audubon Zoo in New Orleans, La. This little fellow had just got through bathing himself or herself and was contemplating what to do next. Jeff

Carolina Photo Guy

It is not normal behavior for Pete to give "Sound" advice. Normal for Pete is witty repartee.
If you don't believe me, just check with any moderator.

Good advice Pete, but couldn't resist just a little bit of humor.

PS... Jeff... Great Elk shot. (#66) At least I think it's an elk... If not, Pete will correct me.

I probably gots the heebee jeebees!

grandpaw

I am going to post something a little different and I want to see how many of you, if any, can guess what it is. Jeff

_DSC7955-1021322504-O.jpg

Last edited:

grandpaw

Clover flower?

Marcel, I'm impressed that is was guessed that quick. I took this with my Nikon 50mm and some extension tubes from only a couple of inches away. This is one of those white clover flowers about the size of a dime that was growing in my back yard. I saw the tubes on E-Bay and nobody was bidding on them so I placed a winning bid for a penny and got the complete set of three rings and the mount for them to go on a Nikon and they were new. They are cheap ones but it gives me something else to play with for practically no money at all. Jeff

I actually took this by placing a yellow sticky note on my computer keyboard and placing the flower on the sticky note. I used a little table top tripod to hold my camera.

Last edited:

grandpaw

This is just a guess, but I'm thinking thats a sailboat.

Just as a general aside, you're gonna have to get a LOT harder than this! :)

I give up!!!! You guys are just tooooo sharp. I will be going back to just posting regular pictures that you will not have to guess what it is. All you will need to do is just admire my great photographs and stop guessing what they are pictures of, HA, HA, HA Jeff

Last edited:

grandpaw

This orangutang was setting on a platform high up on some poles at the Audubon Zoo in New Orleans and I thought this was an interesting picture. Each page of this book was very gently turned and looked at just as if it was being read. Jeff

_DSC6789.jpg