Google Street View has become a security threat

skater

This may be off topic, but what on earth are these fenced-in pens in these pictures? I guess holding human beings in those must be prohibited by the Geneva convention?

I was going to comment on that, too, but let it go. It reminded me of a Far Side comic where a father and son were standing in a yard just like this one, and the father was telling the son that a nearby bird was "staking out his territory with his song, an instinct common among lower animals." I couldn't find the comic online after a quick search though.

My house has no fence and, due to being on a corner lot, all four sides are visible from the street. I see it as a security improvement because few criminals are going to want to be in full view while breaking into a house. A fence, once cleared, protects a burglar's privacy, too.

480sparky

I guess no one ever considered putting stuff they don't want stolen in the garage or basement or the shed instead of out in the open in the back yard.

Eduard

Super Mod
Staff member
Super Mod
I live in a small <25 home development with a private road. While I was on the HOA Board, I sent Google an email requesting that the streetview of our private street be removed. They took it down immediately. I have no issue with the view from a public street - it is the same as you or I taking a photo and posting it.

cwgrizz

Challenge Team
Well I guess I am glad that I live out far enough that I will probably not see the Google Team coming down my road. I don't think they have cameras on mules yet. Ha!