Flowers

stamatisg2002

I was a bit bored yesterday with a storm outside, so I took this photo of our sitting room table (fake) flowers. What do you think?

tulip2_sm.jpg

Ruidoso Bill

Nice shot, would make a great example for DOF instruction, thanks for sharing your shot. Please don't forget the Photo Critique rules for posting.

"4. Include as much info as possible along with your image, including:
  • EXIF data
  • Intent/artistic interpretation of the photograph"

ohkphoto

Snow White
If your purpose was to apply the star effect and or demonstrate dof, then you accomplished what you set out to do; however, it's clear the flowers are fake (even without your stating so) and as such I find them unappealing. If you're going to use "fake" subjects, then go all out and take advantage of the fakeness --try doing things with it that you couldn't do to a real flower, like what would it look like if you set on fire, or submerged it in a glass of water and photographed it through the glass.

I do like the colors and the diagonal lines, but you could have stretched your creative skills a little more on this one.

stamatisg2002

About the exif, I guess I can upload the original pic, but the size it's pretty big I'm afraid. As for the artistic part, yes Helene, I was intenting to show the DOF, and I shot it with my 55-200 lens. Thank you all for your feedback!!!

Ruidoso Bill

Stamatis, all you need is the following:

Camera type:
Lens:
Shutter/exposure time:
Aperture:
ISO:
Focal Length:

Pictures should be no larger than 800 X 600

There are several free exif readers on the internet, just google. Opanda is used by many, click here:
http://www.opanda.com/en/iexif/

Last edited: