Fix working with photos

Bikerbrent

Nikonites Feedback and Suggestions

I have recently tired to search and enter some of my existing photos without much success. Below is one sample of issues:

First of all, I was trying to find my Americas Cup Sail Boat photo with no luck. It turned out that the only boat photos available were “Boats Anyone” (and this listing was not listed in the documents claiming to have all the “Posts” available). When I found “Boats Anyone” and could do a single item search, I had good luck and displayed Boats Anyone “Search titles only seamed to make no difference.” This display was quite large (34 large lists of about 20 data and photos per list), but I was able to import and paste my Americas Cup Sail Boat photograph.

However, I really did not feel up to searching several 100 documents looking for any of mine. So I decided to try searching for “Boats Anyone” and “By: Bikerbrent” but only got “No results found.” Bummer! So the I tried “Advanced Search”, but only got No Results Found.

I don’t know what to try next! I have several hundred photos I could post, but DO NOT plan to work with what I have tried so far. I have better things to do with my time. Unless someone can help me verify if my photos are posted, or the issues I display above are fixed within the new new system, I will not be entering many new photos! Thank you for your time.

Bikerbrent

Marilynne

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
Not sure if this is what you're looking for.

In your profile, click on images. Remember not everything from the old Nikonites came over.
Screenshot (79).png

Bikerbrent

OK, lets try this. I have a lot of photos on my computer that I previously loaded them on the old system. I would like to look in the new system to see if they are still posted. I do not want to have to have to look at 100s of individual photos to see if mine are there. Instead, I want to see the new display with something to show me only my photos (perhaps using my name, Bikerbrent). I would like to be able to see if yes, everything is OK. If not OK I would like to able to post the ones I have on my PC. Hope this makes some sense. Let me know!

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
Brent, here is a list of 12 of your images. I got to it by going to your profile. One of the tabs is marked images.

Is this the image you were looking to find?

view

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
Anything you might have posted to the gallery on the old forum are gone with no way to retrieve them. But anything that is gone can always be uploaded here.

Bikerbrent

Anything you might have posted to the gallery on the old forum are gone with no way to retrieve them. But anything that is gone can always be uploaded here.
No, I do not want to have to have to look through 100s of individual photos to see if mine are there. Instead, I want to see the new display with something to show me only my photos (perhaps using my name, Bikerbrent). Also, I looked at the "Boats Anyone" and it started with:

Oct 4, 2012

A bit of the Old and New.Note the guys up in the rigging.
july 2012 020 (1280x1280).jpg

Joe
If your looking back at the things you missed,you won't know what hit you.
D810 Nikkor 85mm F1.8G Nikkor 135mm 2D DC Tokina SD 16-28 F2.8 (IF) FX AT-X PRO
D7100
Nikon 50mm f1.4
Sigma 120-300mm f2.8:D
Sigma 70-200mm f2.8
Tokina 11-16mm f2.8
Tamron 90mm f2.8

As you can see, old entries (and I am sure some of mine) are there! That is why I don't want to search through 100s of photos to find if mine are still listed.

Last edited:

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
I posted the link in my previous reply, but maybe you missed it. This is all I see for your image. It's possible there are others, but this is what shows up for yours.

Bikerbrent

I posted the link in my previous reply, but maybe you missed it. This is all I see for your image. It's possible there are others, but this is what shows up for yours.

Yes they are the new images I have been playing with trying to get things done. None of them were added before the lights went out on the older software and were used with the new software. Oct 4, 2021 is obviously before the new setup and could mean that my previous images may still be there as well, but I don't wish to run though that many images. Yes, this could be true: Anything you might have posted to the gallery on the old forum are gone with no way to retrieve them: but does not seem that likely!

Marilynne

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
If the image on the old Nikonites was added using the INSERT IMAGE, it appears to have been brought over to the new system. If you posted your photos in the gallery, they are gone.

You currently have 12 photos on the new Nikonites. I have lost thousands, well maybe hundreds, of my photos. They're gone, nothing can be done about it.

Also, the old system may have been hacked causing the outage and who knows what was lost from that.

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
Yes they are the new images I have been playing with trying to get things done. None of them were added before the lights went out on the older software and were used with the new software. Oct 4, 2021 is obviously before the new setup and could mean that my previous images may still be there as well, but I don't wish to run though that many images. Yes, this could be true: Anything you might have posted to the gallery on the old forum are gone with no way to retrieve them: but does not seem that likely!
Brent, this list of images is all I see. I'm guessing your others on the old forum were uploaded to the gallery because they are gone. There isn't any way to bring them back.

Marilynne

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
When I click on your name I get this
1670416604026.png

Click your name again
1670416437775.png

This is what you get when you click on images
1670416394062.png

This is what you get when you click on find
1670416847647.png

You see all of your posts/threads.

If it's not in any of these places, it's GONE FOREVER unless you repost them. It looks like you only have 12 photos on the new system.

Needa

Challenge Team
The search function only finds words not images. So unless you type the information under the photo it will not find it. To help you get a clearer understanding in the search type in the key words barrel cactus. Now redo the same search with the same terms but add Bikerbrent to the by.
Does that help clarify how the search function works?

Why not just start a new thread call it something like "Brent's Old Photos" or what ever you fancy. Post you photos to it.

Peter7100

You currently have 12 photos on the new Nikonites. I have lost thousands, well maybe hundreds, of my photos. They're gone, nothing can be done about it.

Also, the old system may have been hacked causing the outage and who knows what was lost from that.
Have a thought for poor Roy and Wev 😁

Bikerbrent

Thank you all. Yes I am lucky that I did not lose all my photos and have them on my PC even as we speak. And yes, I am very sorry for Roy and Wev and any other who lost work.