Favorite lenses for full frame.

eal1

I have a 610, with which i use the following nikon lenses: 50/1.4, 85/1.8, 105/2.8 micro, 24-85/3.5-4.5
i have rented and used the 24-70/2.8 and the 16-35/4, and the 35/1.4 prime. if i had to choose my favorite
of the lenses i own, i would pick the 85/1.8 just because i like taking portraits with it.
But if you had to choose one lens that you own, or have rented, what would it be? Just asking.

Whiskeyman

I have neither owned nor rented it, but if set to one lens I've used, I'd likely choose the 400mm f2.8. It's fast and has very good "reach". But it's not so good for panoramas...

WM

SkvLTD

Love my 45/2.8 for all the wrong, and 70-200VR1 for all the right reasons. Will have to see how I fancy 50/1.2 when it ships to me.

J-see

I love the 14-24mm f/2.8. It keeps on amazing me.

There's one used for sale here and I'm very tempted. But there's this part of me realizing instead of a user, I could quickly turn into a collector. ;)

I did make an offer on a 1500 click D810 however. He might not bite the hook directly but considering it's not an easy thing to sell used, he might contact me in the near future.

wornish

There's one used for sale here and I'm very tempted. But there's this part of me realizing instead of a user, I could quickly turn into a collector. ;)

I did make an offer on a 1500 click D810 however. He might not bite the hook directly but considering it's not an easy thing to sell used, he might contact me in the near future.

Know what you mean.

I need something around 35mm and I think I will go for the Sigma 35 mm art as my next lens but not for a month or two :peaceful:

J-see

Know what you mean.

I need something around 35mm and I think I will go for the Sigma 35 mm art as my next lens but not for a month or two :peaceful:

That's one of the better. A bit more expensive than the Nikon but a bit sharper and wider too. I only need to upgrade the gap between my 50mm and 200mm but it's somewhere in the future. I use that range too rarely to make it a priority.

Last edited:

eal1

Now - what about the lenses do you like - the perspective? the size, weight? the clarity, color, bokeh?
I rented the nikon 35/1.4 and loved the colors and the perspective it gave me: in my opinion, much nicer than my 50/1.4.
I love my 85/1.8 but that makes me long to see what the 1.4 could give me with its reputation of its beautiful bokeh.
I like shooting faces, people to show emotion, or to capture relationships. I also enjoy travel photography - documenting where i have been. Are there lenses i could use better than those i have? Can you all respond to the first set of questions about what it is you like about the lenses you mentioned (color, clarity & sharpness, bokeh, reach, etc)
and continue this thread? and thanks for all the replies - i am enjoying thinking about all these lenses.