Eyecup problem

MeSess

Am I the only person that has trouble putting their eye close enough to the eyecup to see the viewfinder clearly? It seems like I either have to smash my face into the camera or leave a gap between my eye and the eyecup which makes it difficult to see the viewfinder. Any solutions or suggestions?

gqtuazon

Gear Head
Am I the only person that has trouble putting their eye close enough to the eyecup to see the viewfinder clearly? It seems like I either have to smash my face into the camera or leave a gap between my eye and the eyecup which makes it difficult to see the viewfinder. Any solutions or suggestions?

DX cameras have much smaller view finder. You can use live view if that is something that you want to do or try FX since they have larger view finder.

nikonpup

i had a hard time reading the info in the viewfinder til i switched. Another thing you may try is switching which eye you look thru the viewfinder with.

MeSess

I have one each on my cameras and they are great.

How much further does it stick out past the original eyecup/LCD screen?? I'm tired of my face pressing against the screen so I'm hoping it extends enough to where I can comfortable rest my eye against it. Also, some of the reviews say it covers some of the LCD screen do you have any problem with that on smaller bodies like the D3200?

Scott Murray

How much further does it stick out past the original eyecup/LCD screen?? I'm tired of my face pressing against the screen so I'm hoping it extends enough to where I can comfortable rest my eye against it. Also, some of the reviews say it covers some of the LCD screen do you have any problem with that on smaller bodies like the D3200?
It doesn't obscure one the D800 or D600 but I can not vouch for smaller bodies.

FastGlass

I think you guys are talking about two diff things. I believe MeSess was asking about his actual eye piece not the Lcd screen. I use a more cone shape rubber attachment in place of the slimmer one that came on the camera. I like it as it doesn't allow stray light to enter while viewing the info. If this is what your asking Google eye cups for your particular camera and all kinds will pop up.

Scott Murray

I think you guys are talking about two diff things. I believe MeSess was asking about his actual eye piece not the Lcd screen. I use a more cone shape rubber attachment in place of the slimmer one that came on the camera. I like it as it doesn't allow stray light to enter while viewing the info. If this is what your asking Google eye cups for your particular camera and all kinds will pop up.
This is a Hoodman eye cup that I was referring to.

545625_1_1_1.jpg

MeSess

Scott is understanding me perfectly. The eyecup on the Nikon cameras is line up almost flat with the LCD screen so I have trouble pressing my eye against it without my face pressing against the camera screen. I was wondering if there was a solution to this and he recommended I check out the hoodman eyecup which looks like it might do what I need I just need to find out how much it interferes with the view of the LCD screen because it looks like it might obscure the top of the screen.

I tried googling Nikon D3200 eyecup and the standard one comes up.

Krs_2007

The one suggested is the same one I put on my camera, it's great.

Check out BH photography or go to hoodman website, the should have one that fits.

gqtuazon

Gear Head
Scott is understanding me perfectly. The eyecup on the Nikon cameras is line up almost flat with the LCD screen so I have trouble pressing my eye against it without my face pressing against the camera screen. I was wondering if there was a solution to this and he recommended I check out the hoodman eyecup which looks like it might do what I need I just need to find out how much it interferes with the view of the LCD screen because it looks like it might obscure the top of the screen.

I tried googling Nikon D3200 eyecup and the standard one comes up.

I guess I misunderstood what you were trying to achieve. I also use the hoodman hoodeye for myD7000.

D7000 grip+Nikon 70-200mm f2.8 VRII by gqtuazon, on Flickr

This is what will fit your DX camera.

Hoodman HoodEYE Eyecup for Nikon SLRs with 22mm Square H-EYEN22S

MeSess

Thanks everybody!! Enough of you use the hoodman and think highly of it so I think I'll give it a try. It looks like it does what I'm looking for. I found it on Amazon for 19.95 and free shipping so I'll order it from there. Thanks again!

Vixen

I need one of those. I am fed up with having to wipe sweat and facial grease off my LCD screen, due to having it up against my face while using the eyepiece.