Exposure compensation, Flash compensaton

sorabh

Hi, all

Is there a faster way to change the flash compensation or exposure compensation without having to go into the menu? i.e When in manual mode aperture can be changed by holding down a button (cant remember which one) and then turning the dial. Is there something similar for changing exposure or flash compensation?

thanks!

Horoscope Fish

Hi, all

Is there a faster way to change the flash compensation or exposure compensation without having to go into the menu? i.e When in manual mode aperture can be changed by holding down a button (cant remember which one) and then turning the dial. Is there something similar for changing exposure or flash compensation?

thanks!
You can use the "Info" button and the four-way selector switch to adjust Flash Compensation (see page 65 of the D3200 Reference Manual) but I don't know if that's any faster.

sorabh

Perfect - cheers Paul. Exactly what I needed to know. PS Just checked out your flickr page - phenomenal pictures mate. Hope I can be as good as you one day !!

BackdoorArts

Flash Compensation just hold down the flash button (side of the prism) and use the command wheel. Same for Exposure Compensation, just a different button, usually found on top next to the LCD, which is where you'll see the adjustment level.

Horoscope Fish

Flash Compensation just hold down the flash button (side of the prism) and use the command wheel. Same for Exposure Compensation, just a different button, usually found on top next to the LCD, which is where you'll see the adjustment level.
On the D3200 holding the flash button and turning the command wheel will cycle you through different flash modes, not adjust Flash Compensation.