DX ultra wide angle lens

lucien

I have a few samples. and they are all "pano's" which are the best and what should I consider in my next purchase?

thx,
DSC_0337-Pano.jpg

bluzman

Hi I'm looking for a recommended 11mm-20mm. 11mm would be the starting point, that is recommended for someone just starting out in the wide angle world. I was looking at the tokina 11-16mm I think or was it tamron

thanks, DX ONLY
I've been very happy with the Nikon AF-P DX 10-20mm f/4.5-5.6G VR. Here are some of examples.

560_0040_01_L_sm.jpg

560_0020_02_L_sm.jpg

750_0222_L_sm.jpg

mikeee

I have the Tokina 11-16mm f/2.8 lens, and like it.

Adding/ This is F2.8 fixed, so really don't need a flash at this focal range inside.

Last edited:

mikeee

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
To be specific on the limitation..
This lens does not have a switch for VR, and the D7100 does not have a menu item for controling this, so the lens would ALWAYS have VR enabled.
AF-P lenses that have a switch for VR like the AF-P 70-300 FX are 100% compatible with the D7100.

That's good to know since the chart I linked doesn't specify the limitation. Thanks! :)

Bikerbrent

And when AF-P first came out, Nikon promised a software update to the D7200 to allow the camera to switch off VR via a menu item. Well, we are still waiting for this update Nikon (but I am NOT holding my breath or buying an AF-P lens until Nikon lives up to its promise! :mad:)

mikeee

And when AF-P first came out, Nikon promised a software update to the D7200 to allow the camera to switch off VR via a menu item. Well, we are still waiting for this update Nikon (but I am NOT holding my breath or buying an AF-P lens until Nikon lives up to its promise! :mad:)

Seems like they are killing off the F mount now, anyway.
Wow! you have an AF 50 lens? I have that from my old Nikon N2020.

lucien

I just looked at the newer version. It's 2 x the price of the older one used. To be technically accurate there are 3 versions of this lens. Tokina AT-X PRO AF
Tokina AT-X 116 Pro DXII 11-16 f/2.8 is the second edtion. Tokina atx-i 11-16mm f/2.8 is the third edition. Copying and pasting messed up the fonts. I'll live with the older thanks though

Last edited: