Drive by shooting

Marilynne

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
Not sure what was going on here. Snapped this while sitting at a red light before cars pulled up next to me.
dsc_6277_01.jpg

Felisek

I've never noticed this thread before. Quite interesting.

I was driving, but I did stop to take these pictures. The road was completely empty.

1MG_5739.jpg

1MG_5951.jpg

Roy1961

Contributor
shot while at the lights, thru the front windscreen, a pretty small hawk compared to the lights?

21st Sept 2015 020.JPG

crappy pic.

Vincent

I wanted to give this one as example:

20151227-VFA_8497.jpg

I had seen one bird of prey in the trees in a field at the other side of a big shopping mall. One time I went out for pictures I went to look for it and found 2 birds of prey sitting in the field next to a busy round-about. I parked my car, set up my 500mm and went on foot to the place where I saw the birds, not to find anything anymore. The next day I set up my 70-200 next to me in the car, when I saw one of the birds again I went to turn, waited for a free road and stopped the car on the road (blocking traffic, so had little time). Drive by shooting gave the best result, I still tried to follow the bird on a parking, in the fields, etc.. never got this quality of result.

Vincent

Got an other one today, after shooting something else had the D7000, with 70-200mm next to me. But forgot I had been shooting EV +2 for a backlit situation, but could safe some:
20160110-VFA_8638.jpg

bluzman

So that's why traffic is backed up!

In 2009, I was stopped in traffic on a road in Yellowstone wondering what was causing the hold up. Then the cause wandered past my window.

IMG_0042.jpg

IMG_0043.jpg

wildshots

Spotted this Redtail Hawk feeding on the carcass of a road kill Whitetail deer. Pulled in, it flew to this perch. I took a shot through the windshield.
redtail hawk 2 - 1000.jpg