Danno's 366 for 2016

Danno

January 13, 2016 - Number 13

Jersey and I went for a couple walks today, but we also jumped in the Jeep for a little ride. There was this old Ford tractor from the 60s I think... my uncle had one. It is beginning to grow into the surroundings of an abandoned home. I tried bracketing the shot. My D3200 did not have that. I than ran the shots thru the HDR merge in LR/PS and again thru Nik. Just for fun. I have not fooled with HDR much at all. It was tough for me with the D3200. I am a bit shaky and repeated shots with adjustments were more hit and miss. :)

This one went thru LR/PS
Afternoon Drive and walk-1586_HDR.JPG

This one thru Nik

Afternoon Drive and walk-1586-Edit.JPG

This last one is a pond down the road. A bit further than I can walk so Jersey and I jumped in the Jeep. I just like the view..

Afternoon Drive and walk-1590.JPG

Danno

January 14, 2014 Number 14

It is a beautiful day here today... sunny and 51. I had high hopes to get out and take some photos, and I got some, but I did not get to the places I wanted to go. I did get some abandoned homes and just a little this and that from the areas around home.
This old home was one of the turn of founding families of Anderson County, KY. I was told it was a show place but when the grandparents died one of the grandchildren just let it fall apart with all the antique furniture inside. It is just kind of sad...

Riding Around-1642.JPG

Another abandoned home on the edge of the road.

Riding Around-1637.JPG

One of the few dairy farms around... It is a beautiful place in the spring and summer... now it is just mud and brown.
Riding Around-1644.JPG

Last edited:

Danno

January 15, 2016 Number 15
Today was another rainy day in central Kentucky so I fiddled around inside. I took one of my Dad's old "barn radio" and took pictures with different lenses. My Dad loved to fool with anything that might be a radio. He built Heath Kit radio and in the 50s built his own stereo. Fooled with CBs and HAM radio as well. After he retired he started restoring old beat up radios. We called them barn radios because most of them ended up hanging on the wall of the milking parlor. It was a rough life for a radio in a Wisconsin winter playing Lawrence Welk or Johnny Cash... or Hank Snow or even some Hank Williams. It all depended which station would come in. This Radio Dad gave to my wife because she loved the color.

Thanks for the memory jog @Blacktop with that dash radio shot. Had some good memories this afternoon.

I liked fooling with the DOF today.

Barn Radio-1656.JPG

Barn Radio-1672.JPG

Barn Radio-1676.JPG

Danno

January 16, 2016 Number 16

Today is another dreary day.. My wife is out and I am kind of stuck at the house. So today I took a picture of my mess. The wall paper is the road below my house.

I get up about 4:30 every morning... My window faces the east... Any sunrise I see it. I have not seen one in a couple days.

untitled-1691.JPG

RocketCowboy

January 16, 2016 Number 16

Today is another dreary day.. My wife is out and I am kind of stuck at the house. So today I took a picture of my mess. The wall paper is the road below my house.

I get up about 4:30 every morning... My window faces the east... Any sunrise I see it. I have not seen one in a couple days.

View attachment 194732

Your calendar needs updating. :) It's 2016 now... :D

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Danno

January 17, 2016 Number 17

Had a glimpse of sun after Church today. Had to stop and grab a photo of Mr. Ed, our local downtown guard horse. After all Kentucky is the Horse Capital of the World.... :eek:

Ed stands his post just south of Broadway on South Main Street and nothing can dissuade him from his duties. I am not really sure what they are, but hey you have to admire the determination :encouragement:

Downtown Lburg-1733.JPG

Danno

January 18, 2016 Number 18

Had a sunrise this morning single digits temp wise, but I am a sucker for a sunrise.

Cold Sunrise-1755.JPG

Danno

January 19, 2016 Number 19
Absolutely beautiful day hear on the Bourbon Trail. Cold... When I took the dog out at 5:00 (no picture) it was 10 degrees... I had high hopes of get out and about today but stayed close to home. Still a beautiful day.

Gone to Get the Mail-1786.JPG

Gone to Get the Mail-1786-Edit.JPG

Gone to Get the Mail-1788.JPG

Gone to Get the Mail-1794.JPG

Winter Clouds-1770.JPG

Winter Clouds-1772.JPG

Winter Clouds-1776.JPG

Danno

January 20, 2016 Number 20

Those clouds from yesterday brought the first lasting snow. We got a couple inches today and it looks like we may get a bit more. My wife took the Jeep to work so I stayed home, frankly it is best that I stay home when it snows... taking the dog out is exciting ;). Lets just say I don't dance cause I want to... that's what happens to keep from hitting the ground. I don't bounce... but the cane helps and so do good boots so me and Jersey got out twice today, and I tried the U1 setting for chasing her around the yard. I still struggle tracking her, but this time I was ready when she shifted into overdrive.

Those bottom teeth always look like she is going to get you. She is a Boarder Terrier and built to hunt rats, rabbits and mice. We live in an old farm house always dealing with mice. They have kind of quit coming around.
Jersey and Snow-1810.JPG

This was just running
Jersey and Snow-1812.JPG

This one she was ready to go inside

Jersey and Snow-1817.JPG

Seemed that B&W was more appropriate... only color was the stop sign.

Snow-1804-Edit.JPG

Last edited:

Danno

January 21, 2016 Number 21

I was struggling with what to shoot today. Just one of those days, but I took the dog out for a walk and thought of something to shoot. I doubt these are my best shots, I had a tough time getting the angle I wanted and I don't have the strength to throw her around anymore, but they have turned out to be some really difficult pictures to take. I was really surprised how they affected me... I grew up on a scoot and I have not been able to ride for about 18 months. Probably should have parked it sooner, but I loved the rumble and I loved draggin' the floor boards. I have not ridden in a pack in a few years. But there was nothing better than leading 60 or 70 bikes through town. This ole scoot has over 110,000 miles on her and I have not hardly ridden the last few years. Can you tell I miss ridding. My shop is a mess, but seems it always was.

I included the picture of Jersey, cause I think that is the look I had on my face after the photos of the scoot
Winter-1823.JPG

Harley hard bags off a brothers bike.
Winter-1824.JPG

The orange fabric on the handlebar is a piece of a fallen brothers t shirt POW/MIA decal on the Tank
Winter-1826.JPG

Good ole scooter... May sell it this spring and buy some lenses... if I am up to it. Lots of memories... some good and some not so...
Winter-1829.JPG

Last edited:

Danno

January 22, 2016

Well I tried something that @Moab Man and @Dawg Pics talked about yesterday and this morning I think... dain bramage is aggravating.... also had to do a little b&w of the snow that is closing the state of Kentucky:rolleyes:

The first I did in Portrait to get the courting candle.
Scripture by candlelight-1872-Edit.JPG

Than landscape... I liked this one better. I thought the light was softer.
Scripture by candlelight-1877-Edit.JPG

Snow blowing in the back yard.
Snow Event-1843-Edit.JPG

Yes the road and driveway are gone.
Snow Event-1867-Edit.JPG

Dawg Pics

Danno,
Those look fantastic. I am jealous.
The snow images are wonderful as well. The second one looks like something you would see in a vintage photojournalism spread. Very well done.

Danno

Danno,
Those look fantastic. I am jealous.
The snow images are wonderful as well. The second one looks like something you would see in a vintage photojournalism spread. Very well done.
Thank you for the kind words and inspiration. The B&W I use Nik Silver effects. I like that tool.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Moab Man

@Danno kudos to giving it a try. The images look nice and clean. I agree, I like the landscape version better than the portrait. The tall candle is just too tall. It's being cut off at the very top and something else is being introduced into the image at top center.

On the landscape version I like the warmth (color) the candles are introducing, but a bit too strong for me. I backed off the warmth a bit and did a touch of color correcting to the white pages, but didn't bring them quite to white. I would also suggest not cutting off the top of the plaque. Some may not mind it, but for me, it's kind of like seeing the very top of a persons head cut off - I don't like it, but some do. You're the photographer so you do it the way you want.

For me, in the landscape, I love the flame showing from the short candle. What would really make this picture for me is having the top of the plaque showing and the tall candle being short enough so that the flame is in the image at the top line of the plaque. I would have increased me depth of field a tad so the Bible is in focus at the bottom of the page too.

Nice work.

Here is the bit of color adjusting I did.

Scripture by candlelight-1877-Edit_W.jpg